How to convince a southerner to move to the North East (United States)?

I need to convince someone to move from the southern part of the United States to the North Eastern part of the United States. She wants me to move south , but I know I wouldn't be happy there for both cultural and climate reasons. She only wants to stay in the south because it's where she grew up. She's in North Carolins and sees Virginia as a fair compromise. I'm in New York. Anything to help would be great.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want to move to the south for those reasons then why should she move to the north when she doesn't really want to? She offered you a compromise with moving to Virginia (which is where I live). However, most Virginians consider themselves southerners and it's really nothing like the north, we aren't even that different from North Carolina. I'll be honest, most southerners I know would never move up north with any amount of convincing, I know I wouldn't. If you can't compromise then I guess one of you will just have to give in and move to where the other is or you'll both have to give up.

• Virginia isn't for me.

• Okay well you can't expect her to move somewhere she doesn't want to move to either then. If you don't want to compromise, then I guess it isn't going to happen.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh god. She's gonna hate it. I hate the north. I'm still trying to convince my great grandmother to move to South Carolina.

• unless you have an AMAZING career in NY i don't see how its any better than living in the south.. you will saveSOOO much money moving to the south from ny... wait is this someone a GF?

• Some one is a long time GF. I don't want to stay in NY, but I don't want to leave the North East. I hate the south's climate, prefer the North East's scenery, education is better up here, and I haven't had the best track record with the baptist bible belt (I'm catholic)

What Guys Said 1

• Have you actually been to the south?

• Also, are you trying to convince her to move to New York state, or NYC?

• Yes, and I'm trying to get her to move to New England, we can't afford NYC, and I'd rather live one Mass. or NH.