Why do guys that are married hit on me?

It's annoying cause I will find out the guy is in a relationship with a girl, or the guy is married. There are single guys that hit on me, but I notice the majority is married men. I am so disgusted, because I end up liking the guy and it seems like the guy likes me and then I find out he has a girlfriend or a wife, and then of course I cut ties with him, and I get angry, haha. I don't know if it's me or how I carry myself? So why is it that I attract taken men? Please share your opinion, thank you! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys don't stop finding women attractive just because they're married, and they definitely don't stop enjoying the attention.

Save yourself the frustration by making your first question this, "I like your vibe. Hey, my best friend is Susan... I think you're just her type... are you single?"

BOOM!

If he's single just say, "Oh wait, she's married, sorry. So tell me about your dog again?"

:D

~ Robby

• good stuff!

• Hahahaha! That's awesome! "Oh wait, she's married, sorry. So tell me about your dog again?" Haha, yeah maybe I should do that from now on. Thank you for commenting! :)

What Guys Said 25

• So far most of the women who have hit on me have been married.

The truth is, those married guys have cold hearted wives at home. These wives deny them their bodies, their hearts. Long ago their relationships grew cold.

They see a warmth in you, in your heart that makes them want you. it is the "missing piece" in your heart- that is absent from the hearts of their wives.

It could be a maturity you have in your soul inherently that appeals to them, too. It is likely a combination of things, but it all boils down to the fact that you have something in you that is desirable, that they may have had once, with their own wives.

• Oh that's interesting! See I wasn't even thinking of that. I was thinking I appear easy or something lol. Even though I am not a flirt. I talk to anyone and everyone normally though, I am a very social person, but I am definitely not easy, but I didn't know if somehow these married fools thought I was? Haha. But you do have a good point though! I also was told that I am very mature for my age. So you are right about that, haha. Thank you! :)

• 1. YOU ARE a beautiful and lively girl
    2. You are open hearted, social and (the worst part of it) too kind to be rude but I know you can make a point when you want to but again your friendly demeanor may not be dissuasive much :)
    3. Friendly demeanor, being social, smiling face etc makes a girl attractive to men & being kind and not wanting to hurt anyone gets mistaken for easy or 'it's possible if I try hard enough a little more longer'
    4. Learn to be rude, a snob and a bitch that once rejected they won't return - don't change yourself in any other way, be yourself :)

• I think since they have a partner, it makes it easier for them to approach another woman and since you end up talking to them naturally, you feel more comfortable.

But overall married men just want to have sex, so it's not like they're looking for much that would make them "worry" like someone would with dating.

• Right! You made a good point! It's so fucked up, lol. Thank you for commenting and sharing your input! :)

• Perhaps they find you attractive in ways that their significant other isn't. Anything from physical to your personality. Perhaps they think you might not care if they are with someone.
    Be glad you don't get involved with them anymore than a little, they clearly have no devotion to who they are with.
    Once you find out they are taken, scare them off by being clingy and telling them you want to have their children, lol.

• Lol, yeah! I of course just cut it off right then and there. Usually the dumbasses will give me their full names and I look them up on Facebook and it also says "In a relationship with so and so" And then I just stop contact lol. But yeah you're right, thanks buddy! :)

• Could it be related to the place where you meet them? Perhaps just try visiting other bars or parties?
    Although you're closer to gorgeous than just pretty, this should not mean that more married men fall on you than honest guys looking for a nice girl for a serious relationship.

• Awww, thank you! :) I mean it could be the places I am at, I am not looking for a relationship, but even at my college, there are guys that hit on me and then my friends will inform me he has a girlfriend. This guy i liked for a while lied about having a girlfriend and would always say he wasn't dating this particular girl when he clearly was. I have married men all the time hitting on me. I do go to bars and parties, but it's even casually at my college or concerts, etc. It's anywhere! LOL! I don't know what it is about me that attracts taken men! I am not slutty or anything, I am a very social person but I am down to earth and natural, and I don't flirt. I am definitely not easy either, a lot fo my guy friends actually are always making fun of me saying I am a "cock tease" all the time, haha. So that is why I don't get why guys that are taken hit on me? Oh well. Haha. Thank you so much for your input! :)

• I don't dare to say but... your are... simply too pretty I'm afraid.
      They would even lie to get you.
      In a relationship everything is about confidence and honesty so make them clear this is not the way to do it haha!

• Yes sir! I definitely agree lol. And thank you so much! :)

• Men whether they have a girlfriend/ married hit
    on girls some of them of them don't care and
    they can have the best woman at home but
    their looking for more., beware of the male
    chauvinist i feel bad cause this makes it
    hard on the good men who want find a
    good woman out there

• True! I was thinking that. It doesn't put a bad image on all men, cause it doesn't stop me from talking to other men and figuring them out lol. I am just really aware because of all the lying cheaters that wanted to get with me, It sucks though cause a lot of the guys I talked to I really liked but they ended up being married and it crushed me, but yeah you are right my friend. Thank you!!! :)

• Aww thank you! :) I am so sorry girls played games with you :( I know it's a cruel world my friend! I mean, hardly any single guys hit on me and it just makes me feel bad about myself. I know, it's so screwed up how nice guys and nice girls get taken advantage of. :( Thank you! :)

• Your very welcome :) xD

• Because they are flirting for sport... some guys actually follow through and try to hookup, but most in my opinion are simply either "sharpening their skills", or "seeing if they still got it" for male ego's sake.

• COZ you are Hwatttt :D

I guess you are going to places where married men visit more often as compared to single men.

• Thank you for the compliment lol! :) But just because a girl is hot the guy is going to cheat? Really? lol, It's anywhere I go lol. At college, parties, bars, concerts etc. I am always having a guy hit on me and they either have a girlfriend or they are married it's bullshit lol, I am not understanding though just because a girl is hot it's enough to jeopardize their marriage? Just wondering lol. Thank you for your input, I appreciate the compliment! :)

• Umm well do you believe in destiny? If you do, have you given a thought to this idea that you might fall in love with a guy who is in a relationship but wants out, as there is no love left from either side and he falls for you later comes out of that r'ship may be "You are destined to be with that kinda guy". What say? As far as jeopardizing marriage and stuff is concerned well the marriage system itself is on the verge of death. Personally I am in love with marriage and stuff but the whole marriage thing will die for 70-80% of human species sooner than we expect.

• Also many married man out there who are in a relationship just physically not mentally (emotionally) thinks what's the problem if I have one more woman in my life. They are super confident their turth will never come out and they can enjoy having a wife as well as a girl friend both at the same time :D

• Probably just want to rape you

• It's probably your personality. My sister is very outgoing and has the same problem. Guys constantly think she is flirting with them, not realizing she is that friendly with everyone!

• Right! And I am exactly that, I am just friendly with everyone, lol. You hit the nail on the head with that one, cause I am a very bubbly person with everyone, so it is mistaken a lot for flirting lol. Thank you.

• I will admit im a cocky dude in this regard; I consider any female being nice to me as "I got a shot", so I go for it everytime.

If im wrong, I don't give a fuck and im not apologizing. :-P

• Lol, yeah. It's hard to tell who is flirting or if they are just being nice etc. Thanks guys! :)

• Cuz thats what guys do. Score as many chix as they can.

• Ugh, but it messes with my emotions and it's wrong to do to their wife or girlfriend, it's bad in so many ways. But I just hate dishonesty, lol. Thank you for commenting! :)

• Yeah those are douchebags cheating on their wife or gf just to get pleasures from different gurls... just watchout for these hungry wolves ;3

• Hahahaha! Yep. Definitely! lol.

• Cuz they're unfaithful?

• Yeah, that's it lol. But I just don't know why I attract the married men? lol. It;s bizarre, haha,

• Lol, I sounded like a doosh in that post. Sorry about that.

But yeah, who knows, people do some strange things in this life. :P

• Haha no! You were speaking the truth! And yeah you are so right! It's fucked up lol.

• they are assholes. and they want to know if they can still pull.

• You're hot? It's not a bad thing you know.

• Because obviously those women aren't good enough to keep their men for themselves.

If they were good enough, they wouldn't stray.

• Interesting! I wasn't thinking of that! Thank you for commenting! :)

• That's bullshit @baconburgers!! MEN STRAY BECAUSE THEY WANT TO!! And the same goes for use females. I'll never stop believing that if the women weren't good enough why'd they settle down with them in the first place?

• You attract them because you give them entry into your little world. Maybe you're the one that likes married men. hmmm. Nothing but trouble.

• Because you're very attractive!

• Thank you! :) But what about the significant other? lol.

• Come at me bro!!! XD lmao

• Very well.

• mine is single you so beautiful

• you must be very attractive and have features about you that would make your marriage a good one

• Interesting! A lot of guys seem to be saying that. It's just annoying cause I like the guys but they just lie to me and then that makes me pissed off lol. Thank you!! :)

• You look like you're insecure about your appearance due to weight and heavy makeup, and only good for sex probably. The reason most guys talk to you anyway, but maybe if they're married they can try new things on you that their wives wouldn't let them try. Plus you might come across as ditzy and easily impressed by a guy flashing a few 100 dollar bills, so they'll go ahead and try.

• Probably because they do not feel as desired at home as they wish they were so they are trying to fill that void. I'm not condoning the behavior but I know that's the case for a lot of men. Women seem to believe if a man just gets sex he should be satisfied. It's not quite that simple.

• You are a beautiful fantasy woman... any man would want you. Married men flirt but few act on it. I am glad you have morals and values. Any man who cheats will cheat on you remember that. Stay true to your self you will find a good man... just remember most men aren't prince Phillip most are the beast looking for their Belle!

• Awww thank you so much for the compliment! And yes! I do stay away when I hear that they are married or in a relationship. I just think it's disgusting. But because of them I am really guarded with men and I am very cautious cause I slept with 3 guys 2 were married and 1 was in a relationship and it hurt me so much. I didn't know till after the fact and they said they were "single" so I felt so bad about the wife/girlfriend and I felt disgusted with myself that I let it go that far. It's horrible, but from what I learned in those experiences is that I have to be cautious, and I am. I just can't stand the fact though that it still happens to me. But thank you so much for your input, and the compliment, that was very nice of you to say! :)))

• cause they think they are irresistible or something

• Yeah that too, my friend! disgusting and dishonest, and they think they are irresistable. Yep, haha. Thank you for commenting! :)

• They do, cause it makes me more guarded and more protective of myself. I am always thinking that every guy I encounter now I have to watch and make sure, and usually I just give up cause I think "They're lying to me" I did that to some nice guys that were genuine and I felt really bad and when I explained to them what happens me, they already had girlfriends and moved on lol. Or they just weren't interested in me anymore cause they thought I was "playing games" when I was just being very protective and guarded and it is because of these married men. They mad me act like that towards guys. I love people, but I am more cautious and very cautious with guys though to the point where I will push them away, and sometimes I push the right ones away but sometimes I push the wrong ones away and sometimes they want nothing to do with me even when I explain the reason why, so it is screwed up my friend! I see what you mean! Thank you! :)

• *have girlfriends

• Well, why not? It's just harmless flirting

• It's not harmless flirting, until they are talking to me and trying to go out with me, and giving me the impression that they are single lol. I don't know, even if it was just flirting I think it's still messed up to do that cause you are giving the girl the impression that you are single, and it's kinda messing with the girl's emotions :( Well it messes with my emotions :(

• Im not much of a "flirt for sport" type of person, but many people do so for reasons I put in my answer.

• He's basically reiterating what I said

• Why do guys that are married hit on me?
    Take a look in your mirror.

• Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Are you saying "Look in the mirror" like i am attractive? Or because I look easy or slutty? And that is why married men hit on me? Lol. Just wondering what your comment means cause it can be taken both ways. Thank you!

• Awww thank you! :)

• You're welcome.
      /Wink

What Girls Said 6

• Happens to me too (majority are married/taken men with me too! Omg) I get angry when I find out that they're married. But its become so common now- the married men flirt with other women, even get into affairs with other women sneakily for fun, and they think its no big deal as long as everything's discreet -_-

I had this married man who hit on me every chance he got and even stalked me. His wife would be at home and he would literally always try to talk to me and ask me out and it was so creepy! I felt so bad for her. She's a really good woman! Unfortunately her husband cannot keep his cock in his pants =(

• That is just horrible and disgusting! It's so messed up in so many ways, for the wife, for you. It messes with my emotions so bad, and it makes me feel worse about myself even though I didn't know they had a woman to begin with, but it still makes you feel horrible cause you were played and fooled and you slept or almost slept someone that was taken and it just makes you feel bad for his woman, and because of this I am very very guarded with men, so I am very cautious, but I still don't get why guys do that, it's dishonest and disgusting. Thanks girl for sharing your input! :)

• It could be a few things. They could just be douchey, or you could be interpreting friendly conversation as flirting.
    Also, you're pretty, so it could be that, too.

• Thank you that is very nice of you to say! :) Well sometimes it is just flirting but a lot of the times these guys give me their numbers and they text and call me asking me out on dates, and wanting to know if I want to hang out with them this weekend, and they act like they are so interested in me and then when I see them on Facebook or look them up on FB it ends up that they are in a relationship or married to a girl. Or my friends will inform me, but in the past I slept with 3 guys that said they were "single" and it really did seem like they were single, and it ended up the 2 guys I slept with were married and the 1 had a girlfriend and I felt so ashamed of myself and sickened y the fact that I slept with taken men, made me so angry and sick. I also felt bad for their significant other. It made me feel so horrible about myself even though I didn't know about it till after the fact it's still the point, that you feel so low that it even happened with a married man. But thank you! :)

• Wow that's awful :/ also, not your fault.

• They desire your youthful body. It excited them to no end.

• I don't think you do or say anything to attract them it used to happen to me all the time too. I'm an introvert so I never paid attention to people unless you can keep my interest long enough for me not to go disappear in my books.

• Yeah, you might be right! It just seems like I am hitting duds girl lol. Literally every guy I talk to ends up being taken somehow and I don't understand it? Ugh, so weird, but I see what you mean, Thank you for your input. :)

• You don't happen to be a marriage counselor? Maybe that's why.

• Lol. haha. No I am studying Psychology, I am still in school studying it. I am still working on my Associates Degree haha. But yeah I am just confused that I attract so many taken men and hardly any single guys. Baffles me. Thank you for commenting! :)

• If you know they are married it's good to let them know u don't want to mess a relationship

• Yeah I am usually tricked into it though. I don't know about it till after the fact, then I cut ties with them once I find out. It disgusts me and makes me mad, and I do feel bad for the other person :( It's so wrong.

• Yes that's the best u can do I don't know how they could do that