What's your opinion on older teens (16/17), dating young adults (18,19,20,21)?

What's your opinion on older teens (16/17), dating young adults (18,19,20,21) ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Young adults that don't go to college tend to live independent lives, whereas if someone is under 18, they'll be living under somebody else's roof. The older teen still is in school likely, whereas the young adult is either doing college work or working (Or both like me).

These are just a few of the differences that can get in the way, so I would say that I don't think its a good idea.

Incidentally, young girls tend to date older guys, whereas teen guys will ate girls their age or slightly younger. An older girl asked me out, and to my surprise, the other guys didn't like the idea of me dating an older girl! Maybe its a pride thing for most guys?

What Guys Said 6

• It only works if the older teens are mature enough for the relationship. For most people this age, I do not think this is the case. Of course, there are exceptions where it does work though.

• 16/17s with 18/19s, sure. Anyone in their early 20's dating a mid-teen is super creepy. I'm almost 22 - I can't imagine myself with anyone younger than 20.

• I could have sworn 18 and 19 year olds were teens.

In any case there are 17-21 relationships that are fine and there are 18-18 relationships that are terrible.

Depends on the couple.

• I can't give a unbiased opinion becuase I compromised my morals and did this once.

• Well, jail's just a place

• I personally think highschoolers should stick to highschoolers, and college kids should stick to other college kids. Otherwise its kinda creepy, esp. if it's like a 16 year old dating someone in their 20s.

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly i find the whole 18 19 adult thing stupid... Yes legally they're adults but they're still teens if they weren't the WORD TEEN wouldn't be in there.

As for some of the ages above there it's kinda pushing it... We 20 isn't even that bad what if you're 17?

But honestly even is a bit much let's say you we're 15 dating a 17 yr old and now (s) he's 18 and you reallyhad something special should you stop dating them becausetheir an adult now or because they're a minor and you're not or what if you already had sex do they honestly just expect you to stop?

I can understand why but at the same time it's a bit much.

• Besides the y'know, legal reasons.. It's dependant on the situation. As a younger teen I always dated older males because generally, boys are immature.

• As long as it's legal. I mean I dated a guy who was 22 when I was 18. But again, as long as it's legal (in US under 18 with an older person, having sex is illegal)

• honestly I think that 16 should only go about 18-19. but 17 is close enough to 18 that 21 isn't that bad.