Should I listen to my heart or head in this situation?

I'm more of a head thinker, and everyone has been telling me when it comes to my love life, I need to stop. So I'm trying, but in this situation I'm thinking this is the exception, but you tell me.

So first off, I am not over my ex yet, so I'm not ready to date. And the boy I like is aware of this, and is okay with it, he is trying to help me get over him, but he is friends with my ex. And he told my ex he liked me, and my ex told him he still had feelings for me (even though he broke up with me for another girl) and wouldn't like it if he dated me, actually he would be mad.

He said he is going to try to change his mind as much as he can. But I know my ex, this seems like a lost cause to me.

My head says to just not talk to the boy I like as much and try to slowly make it to where were not talking at all.

My heart says to keep talking to him, talk to him as often as I can and try to help with this whole situation.

What do you guys think?

What Guys Said 1

• Whoever tells you to follow your heart is giving you terrible advice.

Your "heart" (meaning emotions) will change every 30 seconds. Animals follow their hearts. God gave us intelligence. Use yours.

• I'm going to be completely honest with you and say your probably the only person ever to say that to me. Idk, maybe its just us 16 year olds. Ha.

What Girls Said 1

• well, normally I would say that the heart is too clouded with emotions, but your heart sounds right on this one. Your ex is being a greedy bastard and doesn't want you to be happy so go for the friend as much as you want! he doesn't own you and he doesn't own your crush.