What guys really think of a girl who has all male friends?

what is a guy's impression of a girl when they realize all her friends happen to be guys? ( I am one of these girls, btw. ) I've always automatically gotten along better with guys, and have never been too much of a girly-girl. ( I like to workout & take care of my appearance, but I also pretty much live in jeans and a t-shirt. I'm ambitious and hard-working when it comes to my career, but in my downtime I'm pretty low key and go-with-the-flow..). In the past, some guys I've dated have found my pool of friends unnerving ( I guess)... but it was no big deal to me... any (rational) thoughts?

(P. S. - I have NEVER been unfaithful to any guy I was in a monogamous relationship with.)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the same way, and it's never been a problem for me, because I surround myself with open-minded, non-judgmental people.

What Guys Said 9

• It would not really bother me to much. I can see excatly why some of you girls have a lot of male friends. By the way jeans look really good on a girls to ;)

• I'm guessing some guys will have worries about the girl cheating on them

For people who aren't insecure about their girl, there is still a problem with trusting her guy friends. It's pretty hard to trust other guys around your girlfriend unless you know them and trust them. With my most recent ex, we were at college in different places, and her guy friends got unnervingly close to her. She thought they were just being bros and being friendly until they started asking her out and stuff. Ofcourse I trusted her at the time, but the fact that other guys were looking at my girl like that and doing this shit knowing we were together really got on my nerves

Ofcourse this won't happen with every situation, and if the girl has good friends in the first place nothing should go wrong, but with guy friends there is still some level of risk involved. If she has mainly female friends it just puts a guy's mind to rest

Consider how you would feel about your guy hanging around with a lot of girls all of the time. I have a buddy who does this, and his girlfriend gets pretty ticked off at it. Especially since they go to different colleges. It's not a dealbreaker clearly but I think it does put some level of strain on a relationship

• I see what you're saying. Most of my guy friends flirt with me somewhat (and a few have asked me out in the past), but if I'm not onboard with something (or someone), I have no problem saying so. So I guess it ultimately really comes down to how much you trust your partner.

• Ok I hear you. Didn't think of it that way. Best thing ultimately to do probably would be to introduce the bf (or potential bf) to my guy pals fairly early on, so they have a chance to get to know each other and establish some sort (general) respect.

• Yeah that's probably the best way to go about it :P

• Personally I hate it. My girl has a lot of guy friends and even though she's cool and keeps it real there is always one of the guys that's hitting or flirting with her which causes issues between her and I. I don't think a male and female can be friends like that because flirtations, attractions, and desire come into play as a given.

• Lets put it this way. How do u feel if ur bf has all female friends only? Would u feel insecure and jelly too dat he's getting attention from all these other gurls? U should know that he would feel the same way too..

• That would tell me that she's not very much of a girly type of girl. It wouldn't bother me one bit. Though I don't imagine you getting approached a lot at the bar if you're surrounded by guys lol

• thanks! lol

• But I don't see why this would be a problem. Most of my friends were girls growing up and in high school my girlfriend at the time sometimes got jealous if I hung out with them instead of her like at lunch or something.

• Tomboyish !!

• In india if a girl hangs out with boys more than girls mostly they are called characterless

• ITo be honest I wouldn't date a girl with a lot of guy friends... I get jealous and it doesn't really work out... so I end up breaking her heart

• It would be a massive red flag for me.

It would paint her as an AW in my eyes and I'd look to give her the boot as soon as possible.

• what's an AW?

• really? even if the guy thought the girl was ugly, or wasn't attracted to her?

• If there's attraction on his part that's fine, but I know being a male that a large percentage of a woman's male friends are orbiters who are either too scared to ask the girl out, so linger around her looking for an avenue to leap out of the friend zone or they've been rejected by the girl and are hoping she changes her mind in the future. Orbiters are destructive people to a relationship because they will often do everything in their power to drive a wedge between his female friend and their boyfriend/husband.

What Girls Said 2

• Before I got married most of my friends were guys. But I think that once a relationship gets serious your guy friends should be mutual friends. Meaning you are never without your SO when you're with these people. Just out of respect.

• Guys would probably be jealous or think she's a slut