Best places to meet guys (for my personality type)?

I'm in my early thirties and my work is my passion. Most of my work is freelance (and I LOVE it)... (getting to be my own boss, have complete creative freedom and have no 'set' schedule, which is AWESOME!) But when I do have some free time, I like to unwind and be social, and wouldn't mind sharing that time with someone special.

I have been *intentionally* single for about the past two years, bc that's how long it took to really get myself and my career in gear ( I didn't want anymore distractions or detours).

So now that I'm in a pretty good place with that I'm ready to get back into dating. However, ...

(1) I 'm on the shy side (compared to a lot of girls) and generally pretty quiet around people I don't know. (Not the type that can just stroll into a bar by myself). I'm not the type who can just smile, giggle and hang all over complete strangers. ( I've never had a one-night stand and don't intend to)

and

(2) 99% of my friends are guys, so I don't have any girlfriends I can just go out with. ( my guy friends generally are the only ones who have truly had my back throughout my life )

so is there any ( safe ) place / type of place I could go?

I'm generally attracted to outgoing, intelligent, more assertive guys who are down-to-earth and have a good sense of humor. (which describes most of my male friends, but the majority of them are already taken)

I'm looking to start out slow and just take the time to get to know someone. I don't like to jump into anything epically serious. So I typically go for younger guys, (as older guys *in my own personal experience have tended to be a little 'overly' serious for me).

Even though I'm in my 30s, I feel like I'm about 21 (max) and look like I'm about 17.

any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• For your type of guy, I think they are mostly taken. But you probably have a higher chance meeting guys like this in an office environment where they work as reporters and journalist. They are usually good conversationalist too. Then again, do not take my word as truth, they can actually be found anyway. Except pubs maybe, pubs/clubs are filled with mostly players.

What Guys Said 2

• start with the places that have your interest/hobbies. you should find someone to connect with there and start a possible spark.

• Best place, especially for those of us that work at home, is online. Tinder or POF. com.
    It unfortunately is a LOT harder for women. my sister said at least 75% of the emails women get are shit and just guys looking for sex...
    but there are a lot of us good guys out there.
    good luck...

What Girls Said 0