Why would the guy I'm dating joke around with me multiple times about their being another girl?

We have been dating for a little over 5 months. Last night on the phone I was explaining a situation about another guy that I knew that had tried to play 2 girls at the same time. It blew up in his face over facebook. I was telling him how silly it was then he goes to me well I taught that guy everything he knows. Then he kept ongoing with the joke saying on I have to talk to the other girl now etc.

Why would he keep joking about there being another girl? He joked about this the other day as well. It certainly makes me nervous. I'm so happy with him and I don't want to lose him to another girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• In this sort of situation you just need to sit down together and talk about it. Ask him why he keeps doing the stupid joke and if he could stop. Also ask any other questions you may have.

There are a lot of reasons why this guy could be doing what he's doing.

1.) He wants to see you jealous.
    2.) He really thinks the stupid joke is funny and is the type that likes to egg it on.
    3.) (I really hope this isn't the reason) He's hiding in plain sight. Disguising the whole other girl thing with the joke.

I'm sure there are other reasons but I can't think of any others for the moment. I hope this helps. I with you luck.

• I do think you are correct with either option #1 or #2. He has taken me to meet his family and he contacts me first daily etc. If he had another girl going on then I'd assume he wouldn't act like he is. I do plan to talk to him about it the next time he makes a joke about it. When he jokes it makes me feel insecure then I jump to conclusions like #3 in my head. He has been straight forward with me the whole time and promised if he ever wasn't feeling it he would let me know right away and wouldn't string me along. Ugh so frustrating. Plus he always says these comments in a sarcastic way.

• I think it's just his type of personality maybe and it probably doesn't help when I feed into it saying something like while you are talking to your other girl I'll give boyfriend #2 a call. I never say those kinds of things first but when he eggs me on that is what he gets back. So maybe he likes that I am sarcastic right back with him.

• Well it's always good to have some verbal play, witty comebacks and all that jazz. But really if it bothers you, you really need to tell him so. A relationship is always a two way street. Your suppose to tell each other how you feel and what's wrong so that there are no misunderstandings, no sorrow, no heartache. That's why the talk is so important even though nobody likes it.

What Guys Said 1

• Its just a joke. You said something that made him think it was silly/funny for a guy to do that, so he is trying customize his jokes to your liking.

What Girls Said 0