My boy is 5 years older than me, is it weird? What do you guys think?

I started dating a guy five years older then me, my friends say is totally fine but I don't know I just want to know what you think. Is it odd?

We don't have sex, I am virgin

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine, but as others have said, if he is over 18 and you are under that is statutory rape if he kisses you or touches in any sexual way.

What Guys Said 4

• I guess it depends. When you are older, it's almost as if the age gap starts to shrink. In your case, if he's to much older, it might be against the law. Me being 31 and her being 26... hmmm... that might seem a tad bid to you for me, but not for my cousins who have dated guys 10+ years older than them.

• If your age 17 you are age of consent and he is age 23 i wouldn't worry much
    but it depends your true age?

• If you're under 18 he could go to prison

• My last two girlfriends were all 10 years younger than me and the age difference was never the problem. Probably since I'm usually the most crazy one. :-)
    So it's fine and enjoy.

What Girls Said 4

• I see that you are under 18 so it depends on your ages. A 25 year old dating someone who is 30 is not a big deal at all. A 14 year old dating someone who is 19 is definitely wrong in my opinion.

• Is it legal? Honestly though once it is it's just a number really who cares about age what ever makes you happy!

• If you're like 12 and he's seventeen that our be weir. If you're twenty and he's twenty-five. Not so much.

• I am 17 he is 22

• to be honest, my friend was 18 and her boyfriend was 23 when they first dated. but if i was you i would wait till ur 18 bfor u do anything sexual because he cud get in a lot of trouble if legal age for sex is 18 where u live

• Okay, then don't :-) I don't know you or your boyfriend. But if you think it's right do it. You will either gain more experience or find your soul mate.

• it depends on your age so if you are over 18 no. my parents are 7 years apart lol.