Do guys like being pursued by women?

I don't think they do unless she's a 10 and I'm talking like 10 going into 11! I learned the hard way. DO. NOT. PURSUE. MEN!! Men are natural hunters. If they're really into a girl, they will go for her first (do the initiating) immediately or they will come around on their own time. I chased a guy a few years ago and it bit me in the butt! : (

I have a crush on this pilot I work with (I'm a flight attendant). But at work I keep it STONE SILENT for obvious reasons.
I tend to wear my feelings on my sleeve though so if he picks something up then he picks something up... there's nothing I can do about that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like being pursued but only if it was by someone I found interesting or attractive. if I didn't like the girl at all it get tiring after a while and she'd start to annoy me

• Well a friend of mine (female) used to say this: "Guys don't really like if girls go up to them unless she's a gorgeous model." And she's right. It's actually bitten me in the butt more than once. Another time I made the first move on a guy by writing him a simple note and I got a note back from him and a date but after that one date he rebuffed me and never wanted to see or hear from me again, telling me "Look, it's not going to happen so lose my number. Erase it from your phone!" That was 11 years ago and it stung so bad I could never forget it as long as I live!! Then my disastrous crush (when I was chasing a guy) was in 2009 and 2010, when it came to a head and he said he wanted absolutely no contact from me anymore. He wasn't even interested in a friendship! So ever since that HORRIBLE me-having-crush-and-pursuing-guy in 2010, I let GUYS come to ME!

• I might put out a "visual lore" of wearing a low-cut top or dress, and say hi to a guy and give him an air kiss greeting, but that's as far as I'll go. If I see he doesn't take that bait, I move on. Immediately. And the crush evaporates.

• My beautiful "ninja babe" (lol) friend could probably get away with it because she is so drop-dead gorgeous and a 10 going into an 11. But even she has had crushes that she did not get even though she didn't chase them (her high school crush wouldn't date her because he said his family would never approve of her, and her adult crush from just a few years ago wouldn't date her because she slept with/was involved with that "patient zero" guy [and fellow cop] of the group, and actually chose her close friend to date over her, and they've been together ever since).

What Guys Said 6

• My best friend is marrying a woman the pursed him. We like it. It's the same logic that applies to men pursuing a woman. If he's not up to her standards he's wasting his time. A woman doesn't have to be a 10 to pursue a guy, just be realistic and aim within your league.

• You can't say somethings bad because you failed at it once. Obviously guys prefer being pursued, takes the work off on our parts, especially shy guys.

• It works for me. I'm pretty shy, so I'd love that.

• it's fun both ways honestly. sometimes I need that little boost from the girl taking initiative

• Sometimes it's okay, but if I don't like her, it can just be annoying.

• No because the last girl that pursued me resorted to going OTT and smacking my bottom in a hypermarket and this was most inappropriate.

What Girls Said 0