Do you believe in "leagues" in terms of physical attractiveness?

Can someone be out of your league? Would you date out of your league?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure what I think. I don't believe in leagues. I believe people can be more or less attractive than others but that shouldn't affect who you can or can't date.

I've never met a guy who I considered out of my league but I've dated guys that other people considered to be below my league.

What Girls Said 7

• Well there is leagues, but it doesn't mean that it is how it should be. I believe people should be judged by their character not the way they look but I am pretty sure I am a rare breed. The thing is people don't know you until they talk to you, hang out with you, and have been around you for a while. It's not like we all have autobiographies written about us that tell people what they need to know before they ever meet us. So people do judge based on physical attractiveness because there is literally nothing else we have to go on when we first meet people. Of course there are people that I believe are prettier than me, but I don't feel like that matters. Pretty people can be boring, selfish, self centered, lazy, rude, and stupid just like an ugly person can. Its the person that matters.

• yes, but when I hear "out of my league" I never usually think of people being less attractive than me. I usually think of a guy who is way more attractive than me that I cannot possess.

• Yeah I believe in that I only date equal or above never bellow and never worse then an ex always above the last.

• I don't because everybody likes different looking people so I would have to say no. I probably wouldn't date someone"out of my league" because i'm very self conscious about the way I look, I think i'm really unattractive and dating someone who I thought was"out of my league"would make me even more that's how I feel about it.

• Yes I believe in that. I would date out of my league.

• Yes it sucks

• Yeah, it's possible to date someone out of your own league. Society has placed so much emphasis on looks and status it's impossible not divide people into categories. I, consider myself low par and my current bf his way out of my league on looks but just about the same when it comes to status.

What Guys Said 6

• Leagues only exist in the minds of the two people who are interacting with one another (or in many cases, one person who wants to interact with another person).

So much of attraction is subjective... it just doesn't hold that there would be a well-defined objective league system. If people need evidence of this, consider all of the times that you disagreed with a friend on whether or not a guy/girl was hot. Or think of all the times you see a couple in public and, to YOUR eye, they might seem a little mismatched in terms of attractiveness. Or hell, even look at Rate Me questions here at GaG, where people will frequently get rated all over the place on the numbers scale by users here.

Leagues... they just don't exist outside of our own personal perceptions.

• I don't believe in 'leagues'. There's just girls I am attracted to, and those I am not attracted to. I can be attracted to girls I feel are less attractive than I am. But that's subjective lol.

• Yes. Only up, never down.

• I wouldn't want to waste time with a female, so I don't have to worry about leagues, or whatever is people talk about.

• Yes it is indeed true that people can be generally out of league. It is so common.

• Yes, there are leagues. The good or bad thing (depending on the person) is that they don't exist to nearly the extent that people play them up. It's like capitalism- if you grow complacent then your environment is pretty much stuck with you your whole life. But if you really get up and make some bold changes, it could pay off big for you.