My mom doesn't like my boyfriend for stupid reasons such as attractiveness?

Me and my boyfriend are 22. We have been dating for 3 and a half months. In the past I've dated really attractive guys that are really fit but they all turned out to be jerks. The boyfriend I have now has a cute face but he's not as athletically fit. He's not overweight but doesn't have the abs or muscles. I have no problem with that since he can always work out in the future and he treats me right... so much better than my ex boyfriends. However, my mom always jokes around about him being scrawny and how i'm playing it safe. I actually am really attracted to my boyfriend and I love it how good he treats me. Yes, I usually go for the buff guys but I don't mind overlooking it this time since I'm still really attracted to him. Even though I told my mom that I like him and that I don't want another guy, she tries to convince me otherwise. She even obsesses over how attracted my little sister's boyfriends are hot and fit they are and how I just have my average joe boyfriend. Why is my mom trying to make me feel less just because my boyfriend isn't the hottest guy around? He's still cute... just not to her standard. She's even tried getting me with other guys. Advice please.

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds like she cares more about the image of who her daughter is dating than your own feelings. if you're happy then don't listen to her. its your life not hers.

What Guys Said 6

• Fortunately you're an adult so that kind of decision belongs to you. You should tell your mother that you would appreciate if she respected your decision instead of insisting like that. After all, she should care more about your happiness than your image if she loves you, and I have no doubt she does.

• Tell her that she doesn't have to date him, which is okay, because he is already taken.

• Because I bet your whole family is super hot and she thinks you're stupid for wasting it.

• Its your opinion your parents can't control who you date and if you really like him then you wouldn't care what anyone says

• You should never have to settle

• i think she's jealous of you. she's jealous that you've found a guy you really like and she's (subconsciously) trying to ruin it.

What Girls Said 2

• i don't know, my mom and i are all about face. actually she may have influenced me.

• She want the family and its gene to stay sexy I guess hahaha