Is it possible to love someone after knowing them for a month?

I have been talking to a guy every day for about a month now. He lives in another state so we've never met but he claims to love me. I've tried telling him it's too soon for him to love me and he said that he can't stand that i tell him he's not in love. He said he can't get me out of his mind along with some other things. Do you think it's possible for him to actually love me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's possible that he loves you after just knowing you for just a month, especially considering you guys have never met in person and I think a large component of 'love' is due to various hormones.

He could either be in love with the idea of you, or just feel like you have large potential to eventually fall in love with. When I was with my boyfriend for just a month, there were a few moments where it seemed like both of us were going to say 'I love you', though didn't. I thought about that after as those moments were pretty intense, and decided it was far too soon and I was merely giddy.

I've been with him for almost 6 months now, and I'm starting to think I do love him. I think most people are able to in a sense 'be in love' quite quickly, and taking time till someone easy it is to merely demonstrate that you can keep a commitment, be faithful, etc..

What Guys Said 1

• He can be in love with the person he thinks you are through text but that image will be so perfect/ideal in his head. When he meets you in real life those feelings could change instantly because you guys haven't met yet, totally different.

What Girls Said 3

• No, but it's possible for him to think he does. That's way too soon.

• Not after a month.

• Yes. My ex-boyfriend loved me after that amount of time we were dating, maybe even sooner. And I love him. Some people fall in love quickly. I don't think you can generalize accuracy of a feeling by judging the amount of time it took for someone to fall for another.

Only he knows what he feels. If he believes what he feels is love, you ought to believe him. No one can tell him how he feels. Unless he proves otherwise, try to take him for his word. What real reason do you have to doubt him?