He texts me back, but it seems like he is uninterested?

So I have hit a weird spot with the guy I am seeing, it seems like he isn't interested any more. He takes a long time to respond, he doesn't use emoticons or explanation marks as much anymore and doesn't use the cute nick names he used to. I know texts are hard to read since it is only words but it just seems like he is uninterested. Are these signs he is? and if they are, why doesn't he just tell me he is instead of allowing me to look like a fool and continue to try to talk to him..

Most Helpful Guy

• You know I recently had the same exact situation happen the other way around. It's so frustrating when it happens because you don't know why. She was texting me multiple times a day and using smiley and winky faces and then we hung out together all weekend and the following day it stopped. I doubt very much that the guy in your case stopped liking you. I would bet he has something going on in his life that is making it complicated and he doesn't want to lead you on until he figures out what he wants. That's what it was in my case. He wouldn't have been texting you like that in the first place if he wasn't interested. It sucks though when you really like someone and then all of a sudden, something changes. I'd do what I did and come out and ask him if he has feelings for you. At least you will know where you stand and know what your next move should be.

What Guys Said 3

• If he were uninterested, he would have never gave you his phone number, or at least, replied to you ever again. At best, I'd say he may be disinterested, but assuming that the hypothesis is correct, than giving him any indication of your worries will only manage to drive him away.

And in conclusion, I don't think I was very helpful...

• People are like that. It's a power game. Just be open and communicate as and when you can. Ultimately life is for living and there will always be people to fill any voids that happen. Broaden your network :)

• He's playing games with you and they are WORKING like the mexicans in my front yard

What Girls Said 1

• Omg I'm having exactly the same problem! You should maybe text him one more time and if he acts the same then don't text or contact him for a week or two until he talks to you first! Your worth more then that!

• Honestly I feel like that too, but I would much rather know the truth and move on than always wonder if he was or wasn't. If he is still interested, asking shouldn't bother him and if he isn't interested than you will get your answer. It's tough because I think as girls we over think everything, well I know I do!! lol

• I totally know how you feel, yes I feel like I want to know if he is not interested so I can have closure and move on, but I'm scared of rejection. But I wish you the best of luck and I hope he is interested in you so you don't have to threat anymore:)