How to keep yourself from getting discouraged after being disappointed several times in a row?

I joined this site to see if anyone else has a similar issue with me in regards to dating. Every time I'm asked out, the guy is always a cocky jerk or some idiotic meathead. It's hard to maintain conversations with a lot of these guys. All the nice guys seem to be taken or not interested in me. There was one guy who I liked who seemed to like me back, but seemed really shy and didn't really ask me out. I'm kind of down and discouraged with my luck in dating. Does anybody have any advice for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Focus on yourself first and also learn how not to depend on someone.
    I'm 21 and studying in the last year of my med school.
    Wasted all of my teenage years on studying for getting admission in a med school.
    I just had one GF who left me and our 1 year of relationship for her abusive ex of 3 months, since then I prefer to be single. Why?
    Because when I was with her, I had to dedicate a good amount of time for her every day and because of that I lost most of my focus on study and working out but after the break up, my score went up and I'm in a great shape right now.

The thing I've realised from my break up that, most of the people now a days have temporary feelings for you unless you're a well settled person. They do not want to take responsibilities.
    So better to be single and focus on yourself rather than be in "no parmenant guarantee" relationships.
    Hope my answer help

What Guys Said 3

• You don't. Habit is a psychological phenomenon that makes the world around you intelligible through associating a uniformity of probable or certain results that follow from experience. The only solution to despair is knowledge, by knowing how things work, e. g. learning about behaviour, the dilation or contraction of pupils, the perspicuity of conversation, or the overall perspicacity of the person in question. Follow these empirical guidelines and you'll quickly systematize a way of weeding out guys who are not interested, from those who are, and consequently, to dismiss those interested who are not of your liking.

• im sure a lot of other people can relate to you hahaha. advice? keep trying. you'll match up eventually

• Sometimes if you give off a certain vibe (or if you're really sexy) it is hard for shyer guys to approach you. In this case I would personally (unless you're very conservative) ask him out first. There are a lot of guys that like the fact that girls approach them.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask out guys you like instead of waiting for jerks to ask you out. That way you are in control if who you date, and only one responsible for wasting your time is you. :-)