When a guy says "I'm not interested right now"?

When a guy says "I'm not interested RIGHT NOW"... does the "right now" have any significance OR does it just mean they aren't interested in general?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on a lot of factors. Like what is your relationship with this guy, and how did it lead to him saying that. If you guys are really close friends then maybe he really isn't ready to date at the moment. I'm not interested right now doesn't always refer to I'll never be interested.

• I've never officially met him. We have mutual friends who always say we have a good bit in common so I figured I'd make the move and message him. But he said he's not interested right now.

• Then I'm sorry, but it seems like he isn't very interested. For you to make the first move though that's awesome and a lot of guys would find that really sexy. Don't get too heartbroken I bet there will be plenty of other guys.

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes its either a nicer way of him rejecting you or simply not mentally ready to be in another relationship

• Right now means that if everything else falls apart, or he feels like cheating on whoever he is with, he will remember you.

Right now is just an unnecessary way of saying I'm not interested that keeps the person hooked on the idea of one day being with them.

• Well this person is single... he tells our mutual friends that he's enjoying the single life right now cause he's divorced. But he's been divorced for a few years now.

• That does make things slightly different, a rule of thumb to go by is expect them to be upset about it for up to half the length of the relationship.

And NEVER be the rebound girl. Wait for him to decide he is ready.

What Girls Said 2

• It's kind of the same thing as a guy saying "I hopefully want a relationship". I don't want one. He's not interested.

• It means he's not interested at all