How do I ask the guy I'm crushing on if he's in a relationship?

I always catch this guy, he's a trainer at my gym, staring at me and looking away the second I catch him, so I started playing back. Finally I got up the courage to ask him for a session. When we met, he couldn't look me straight in the eye without turning red and smiling or laughing.. And obviously I did the same. I've met with him a few times and we're constantly laughing with each other and joking around. I'm really into him, but I want to be 100% sure he's single before I go any further.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes a person doesn't know he's single until you make him single. He's obviously attracted to you, so if he chooses to pursue a relationship with you, he is implicitly accepting the failure of his previous relationship. I don't get this gimmick of not hitting on a person who is in a relationship, do you think natural selection could ever push us forward as a species if there was no competition between the species?

Now having settled that, you should make implicit approaches, but not direct ones. Just continue seeing him, and get to know him more, but do not make it too obvious. Just take advantage of the fact that most men are quite ignorant about behaviour; use your body language to subtly invite him, and seduce him, et voila.

What Guys Said 3

• ask him out, but right before ask him whether or not he has a girlfriend. or not, but that's how I would do it.

"hey, I was wondering, I [really] like you and all, and i'd like to go out sometime, but i just want to make sure i'm not stepping on anyone else's toes. Do you have a girlfriend?

• Just casually ask, there is nothing wrong with it.

• Like this: ''Hey, can you help me studying? But maybe your girlfriend will not like it... ' than he will tell you
    Always turns me on when a girl asks something similar'

What Girls Said 1

• you should just keep on flirting a little bit until he gains the courage to ask you on a date. or if you have enough balls to do it yourself, ask if he'd like to hang out with you and watch a movie or something. something not too serious, to kinda break the ice. if he backs down, he's taken. but it seems like he's pretty single at the moment.. good luck haha!