Is it wrong deny a relationship that never existed?

This guy asked me out and I said yes. Well he was really shy and all our friends were being very immature about us and kept teasing us. He never talked to me, only on FB. I was confused and didn't know what to do. We never really broke up or anything but just naturally drifted. The thing is, because he never talked to me and I did try to talk, whenever asked about him, I denied going out with him. I did like him but felt so rejected. I didn't think he deserved the title as my boyfriend because he had the nerve to ignore me and go as far as to take a different route to avoid me. People tell him that I deny everything, but should I even feel bad? I didn't think it was much of a relationship so is it okay to just deny it? I

Most Helpful Guy

• this was nothing. 0 experience turns out to end like this

What Guys Said 3

• No, you shouldn't feel bad. This fellow just isn't ready for a relationship. That explains his odd behaviour.

• You must be very young. This isn't a relationship, it's a reciprocated crush by two people too immature to do anything about it.

• Yeh he thought he was ready and then simply realised he wasn't or changed his mind...

What Girls Said 1

• A relationship in my book is an equal partnership. From what you have described, it sounds to me like there was an initial connection, but extremely short-lived. While I don't think you should deny that you and him were talking (at least in the beginning), you shouldn't feel obligated to call it a relationship either.