Guys, do you prefer a girl, or do you prefer a career woman?

I'm just wondering what kind of person would be more appealing. A girl who likes having fun, is immature, and doesn't like growing up, or a girl who is really dutiful and responsible but dreams of holidays when she could kick back and have fun if she could.

It seems like one is really great as a girlfriend while the other is really great as a partner. Who's more appealing to you? Girls can answer too, if you switch it around to a guy haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• Neither severe extreme is good. I think a *balance* (with a bit of both) is great.
    I guess I would be considered more career-oriented because I am a very passionate person (when it comes to things I care about) in general. When I do something I go all the way with it. I LOVE the feeling of accomplishing something on my own. And I really love, love, LOVE what I do. So for me, work never *really* feels like work.
    My job often takes up a lot of time, but also offers me a lot of freedom (as I'm my own boss). So I feel very, very lucky in that respect. And at this point in my life, I feel like I (finally) have a little more room to share it with someone. (when I was in my twenties that was definitely NOT the case, because I was still struggling to figure out what it was I even wanted for myself!)
    People evolve at their own speeds. it's a personal, individual thing, so you really really can't judge someone based just on that. ( labeling people is ultimately pretty pointless). Everyone's different.
    For me, personally, I knew I had to establish or accomplish certain things for myself in life (and have my own identity) before I could really truly share myself with anybody else.
    I want a guy who has goals, some sort of passion in life, has at least SOME idea of what he wants out of life (and what's important to him), and is working to improve himself in some way. but I also want him to be *HUMAN*. ... Someone who realizes it's ok to make mistakes, he doesn't have to act like he's got it all figured out all the time, and can allow himself to kick back, relax and have fun once in awhile, and just be PRESENT, in the moment, and be able to share those moments with me.
    A good partner/boyfriend/girlfriend is someone who balances you out, helps brings out the best in you, and you bring out the best in each other.
    whether a person actually attains this balance is completely up to them. we're each responsible for our own lives and the people and things we allow in it.

• That is a very detailed answer! I like your 3rd last line, that's something I hadn't considered. For me right now, I keep thinking 'who's more fun' or 'who's gonna be a better mother in the future'. And you're right that people evolve at different speeds. Most of my friends matured when they were 18 or 20 but it took me till 23 before I got a grip on myself and acted more like a man.

• no prob! happy 2 share :)

What Girls Said 7

• First off, I and mostly the whole woman population want a man whom is not immature. Immaturity is something that to me, is a huge turn off. It shows that men (and women) aren't ready for a serious relationship, and that they are going to be interested in more of the irresponsible actions like: partying, drinking, one-night stands, etc. Many times these guys are known as players, jerks, or douche bags. And surprisingly (immature) girls go after these guys, instead of looking for the nice one.

Personally, I enjoy a great conversation whether it be about cooking, cars, video games, traveling, or anything of that sort. I like a man that will be responsible for their actions, and work to have a better future as a husband/father. And someone that would love to travel is always a plus.

I would pick the career man, over the dickwad, ANYDAY. :D

• Yay to all the good men! :D

• I definitely don't want someone who's immature and doesn't want to grow up, that screams no ambition to me. A guy who is career oriented, has goals, is family oriented, but who also knows how to have fun is ideal. Someone like me, basically.

• Why would you like someone with ambition? Living simply is also something admirable too!

• Exactly what Creative_boss said. My guy went after me, and I am a very busy career woman and early high school graduate who is about to head to Paris for med school in order to study abroad. Sure, I'm responsible and respect myself, as well as others, but I still love having fun, and I tend to show it.

• You're a pretty good catch then. ;) Unfortunately said girl seems like someone who don't want to grow up and just wants to get an easy and interesting job and have fun all her life. The girl who's a career woman is actually more "normal" in that way.

• I'm on the right track. I'm in school. Med school next. Residency after that. But I'm not obsessed with school by far. I'm 35% career oriented. 65% fun.

• That's great. You got a good goal ahead of you, have fun and enjoy life! :)

• But why not a mix of both? A woman who is deep in her career but sees the fun side of things and is a child at heart?

• Such a lady would be nice haha. But unfortunately the girls in my life are not quite that balanced. :/ They're not extreme irresponsibly fun-loving, nor are they stone-cold professionals (lol), they can loosen up a bit or get their act together for a while but what I described is more of most defining trait, or rather, what sets the two of them apart.

• Just because a girls a career women doesn't mean she can't be immature. It depends on the person. Not their career. Also calling someone a girl as in insult is over rude.
    Annie Frank was a little girl and she was very intelligent.

• It's not about the career, but rather, she decided to make her career one of her higher priorities. But you're right, it doesn't actually mean she can't be immature.

I admit it was a bit insulting. But I figured it conveys the idea and I opted for brevity lol. And if you interacted with her online, without knowing her picture or true age, you would have placed her in the young teenager (15 or so) age range, it describes her personality and attitude rather well. And it's not as much of an insult as one would think, I kinda like that kind of girl (but with doubts of course, which is why I'm torn)

• Im both you don't need to always serious life is fun and worth living!

• Haha I agree! Just that I got two girls on my mind right now and it's hard deciding who's better

What Guys Said 9

• The latter would be more appealing simply because of the maturity level. I'm a very drama-free person and I probably wouldn't jive with the first girl.

• Ah. Though at that age, I agree, I totally would choose the mature girl too. When I'm older, my tolerance for immaturity really goes right down.

• Yeah I bet you're right. As men get older they'll probably tend to gravitate more so toward the second woman.

• A girl who likes having fun, I always find career minded people don't last long. And just focus on themselves.

• I see... I don't have much experience with that yet, I guess girls around my age are at most just a few years into their first jobs.

You don't mind the immaturity or if the girl is a tad irresponsible?

• Not really I'm a bit immature myself, as long as she isn't too bad.

• I see. Thanks!

• How about both in one person at different circumstances?

• Hmm, that would be nice. But let's say they were two separate people. They're not on the extreme scale, like they're not completely fun-hating or completely immature, but rather, it's their defining trait. Who would you think is a better fit?

• In that case, the second one, I guess.

• I'd prefer a mixture of both she needs to be fun and at the same time responsible for herself. They are rare but i've met a few havn't had a chance to get in a relationship with any of them though =((

• ah that's regretful. I haven't seen such a girl myself too. The perfect balance is hard to find, so I'm like, preparing myself to have to choose one over the other. Someone who is either career heavy or fun heavy.

• A girl with boobs.
    Lmao 😉

• Man, that's setting the bar too low haha.

• I choose career woman dude.
      I was in fun mood.

• well okay. A career woman with a large rack. ;) I guess head-strong and ambitious women don't turn you off then?

• Neither, I want a grown up woman who sees her fulfilment in creating a home for me and our children. Basically I want the 1950s back, or anything pre feminism for that matter.

I think a woman's first priority should be her family who loves her and needs her love not some big cooperation who does not really care about her.

• That's pretty old school, but I do know a couple of girls with that kind of traditional mindsets. Mostly nice, gentle girls.

• I am attracted to well rounded women. I like some book smart with some street smart. I like some class with some hoe in the bedroom. I like a responsible woman that likes to take reasonable risks and likes to get loose. I also like someone who can laugh at themselves and others.

• Indeed! Those kind of girls are golden. Unfortunately it's hard to find, the girls I met so far seems to be more on one side of the scale than being balanced and well rounded.

• Make yourself more rounded too and then you will be surrounded by well rounded people.

• Good advice, thanks!

• From the career women I've interacted with, i doubt they're interested in serious relationships. So i don't think it matters what i prefer. Career women don't make good GF's they make for good flings and that's what they usually want. You know what? there's nothing wrong with that. Good for them for focusing on a career but ill pass.

• But the girls who like having fun, you don't mind having to keep minding them or keep relying on you, like if they're immature or a tad irresponsible? Not saying that fun-loving girls are all that, but let's just assume in this case that they are.

• I like a woman with drive and ambition, a steely determination to succeed at the highest levels and as someone who doesn't want children, weddings and any of that other bullshit, I would choose the career woman.

• Whoa. Okay I can't appreciate that but I respect your clarity of choice haha.

• That's me!!!

• You're my dream woman if that's the case haha.