Does race affect who you date? Do you change your priorities in dating according to race?

I'm a Creole (Black, French, Spanish, Native American) moving to a predominately Caucasian city. I've dated outside of my race many times before but with women that had previous exposure to black men, either as friends or in relationships with them. I was wonder your opinions and thoughts on race and dating.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm black. (Don't let the icon fool you). Most of the guys where I live are white. I've never had a boyfriend but I've always gotten crushes on white guys because I was always around them. I would probably date a black guy, I'm just not around them and don't know any. If you stand a black guy beside an equally attractive white guy, I might go for the white guy, just because I'm used to them. Not cause I prefer them. However, if I lived around more black guys I'm pretty sure I would just date them. If you're attractive, you're attractive.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm just not attracted to dark/tan skin, and I can't force myself to feel differently. I never judge a person based on looks or even a first impression. I value a person for the character and their integrity. I have lots of black friends, one of my best friends even. I would certainly recommend him to my single female friends, as he is a great man and quite "datable", but I'm not attracted to him physically.

• I have a preference for European probably because it's different to my own race, I prefer dating outside of my background.

• no bro... race isn't a big issue to me

• For whatever reason, I'm only attracted to men from my race... so for that reason I wouldn't date outside of the Caucasian race.

• I don't care about the races at all. I just want to love and be loved regardless of races.

• I have a thing for white guys but race definitely does not factor in determining whether I'm going to date someone or not.

• I only date black men. I have other requirements but that's the main one.

• Can I ask why?

• I agree!! Talking about your marriage comment. I can't have babies with a non-Black girl. I don't want my child experiencing racism from my future wifes side of the family

• Exactly lol my cousins mother in law calls her daughter "the blackie" out of her grand kids. The fucked up part is she says it in a sweet way. She really thinks it's ok and affectionate to call somebody the blackie. I can't deal with that.

I want my babies to be a rich dark color lol

• No race doesn't mean anything to me If I like that person I would date them

• I would love to date outside of my race personally.

• In the past I would only date within my own race which is Latino. Then I don't know my preferences changed so now I can't see myself with a Latino. Now I only date outside my race. I have a preference for Asians, Middle Eastern or something similar.

What Guys Said 7

• I'll date any race if there's attraction there. White women are actually in the minority when it comes to my dating history.

Do my priorities change? No, not at all.

• Girls will say it doesn't, then in the next racial preference thread will say White.

Girls probably don't want to make others feel bad for racial preference/exclusion. I'll just be honest and tell you that it does make a big difference.

• Of course people generally want to come off as likable and this is a sensitive topic. Too bad they didn't make it more anonymous by adding a poll.

• But there is a poll.

• Lmao! How did I miss that!

• I'm attracted to all races but I wouldn't date white or Asian girls. I'm pretty open to rest of the other girls.

• Not really. For me, I don't dislike a girl just because of her race, but I'm not as attracted to certain races as much as others. If I'm attracted to her, then race doesn't really matter. I don't know why, but for me, I find most black girls less attractive. Aside from that, I'm the mexican, but the tannish white type of mexican, and I my majority is white and mexican girls.

• No until she is from human race.

• I'm color blind bro, all I see is hot women and I wants them, wants them all. *laughs*

• white guy, I date white girls only.