Why many girls give unenthusiastic one word replies when chatting online?

Is it bacause you dislike the person you are talking to? If so, why not just tell him you don't want to talk to him/her. Any other reasons why many girls appear so unenthusiastic and snobbish when chatting online?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls don't do that to guys they actually like. Fret not, I get the same shit too.

What Girls Said 8

• There's many reasons why you are getting unenthusiastic one word replies.

Instead of trying to dissect and figure out the reason behind it, why not just stop talking to girls who can't carry a conversation? Obviously the ability to have a conversation is important to you. So don't settle for weak conversationalists.

Honestly, this is a pet peeve of mine as well because I love to have conversations, especially if I like the person.

The simplest reasons behind someone not having great conversations are that they either aren't interested, or just can't hold a conversation.

So I wouldn't try to analyse, just let that person go. Find a girl who can keep you interested with her ability to hold a conversation :)

• It depends on the girl, and the situation. I often get bored easily, not with the person, but with chatting in general. I generally only chat because I can't find anything else interesting to do, or because I don't know them IRL.

A lot of people prefer face to face conversation, and there are as many who prefer chat because they feel too awkward talking IP. It's easy to "run away" with a screen shielding your face. And then you have the classic attention whores who only pay enough attention to you to keep you paying any attention to them.

The only real difference between conversing in person Vs RL is that you really don't truly know who you're really talking to. Besides the obvious limitation of expression and tone.

• - They don't want to seem desperate or clingy
    - They don't like you
    - They're busy
    - They're bored
    - They're sleepy
    - They're mad at you
    I don't do this unless I'm mad at the person I'm talking to. And I wouldn't even pretend to not be mad. I would first explain it to them, and then give short replies if I had to (because I don't like ignoring people on purpose, but neither do I feel very talkative when I'm mad).

"If so, why not just tell him you don't want to talk to him/her."
    Because most people would consider that very rude. It's always easier to do it indirectly, than to flat out tell someone "hey, I don't like you, stop talking to me".

• Well, then phrase it in a nicer way but be direct. It is something so difficult to do?

"Hey, I do appreciate you taking initiative to talk to me, unfortunately, I like someone else/am taken/etc. So good luck and take care. (:"

The above sounds amicable and will not come off as rude.

• Yes, since aeons ago I have already noted of "just take it as a hint and stop messaging her." This, I don't require you to teach me.

• That's good. :) Just making sure.

• for some girls I think it's just general wariness. there are lots of guys who act like predators and use the internet solely for the purpose of being creepy. so we never really know who we're talking to, and what you're real intent is. so in some situations, it's just a cautionary thing. (not necessarily personal)...

• some girls are also just too lazy to type out a full sentence.

it varies.

• When we are not into you, we just don't put an effort basically.
    There are exceptions of course. If I am sick, busy , occupied with sth, I cut as short as possible. Depends on the girl, you have to know the girl to understand the girl better. We are complex creatures >.<

• Complex, perhaps to a certain degree. But rude, yes. (:
      And I agree with your first sentence fully. So what these girls can do is just to admit it instead of wasting the other party's time in putting in an effort to chat with them.

• I completely agree. Being direct and honest is the best. Well some people like attention :/ upss

• Either she isn't interested, tired, or maybe even busy at the time. But sometimes they just don't know what to say or how to reply.

• I am usually talkative, so if I do that I'm not in the mood to talk, or I don't know what to say or I simply am not interested in that person, although I usually make an effort to talk. And if I'm not in the mood I just tell the person.

• Yes, your species should learn from you.
      By being honest and upfront with your sentiments. If a girl is not in the mood of not interested to chat with a particular individual, just speak her mind so the one she is chatting with is cognizant of her disinterest and leave her to be.

• Why? Male species and Female species.

• First thing I thought of was animals haha. I usually go witth "population" , but in that case, species works

• Not in the mood for chatting
    She dislikes you
    doesn't know what to say

What Guys Said 4

• They haven't had a need to develop personalities at any point in their lives. Guys carry out conversations for them, talk to them no matter what or how little they say, and ask all the questions without them having to think up any of their own to ask the guy. If there's no need for you to develop a skill, you'll never develop it. So they come off as boring to talk to an uninteresting.

• Yeah, you could be correct too. Getting complacent in other words.

• Mate, ultimately girls are always indirect. We just need to conceive that. Because, they don't want to be at your face knowing that they might break your heart. They don't want to let themselves completely into the conversation for obvious reasons. So everything is indirect, and the pressure on the guys to comprehend them.

• The reason doesn't matter. If she does that, she's not interested. If she is, like a guy, it can overcome any other reason.

• All of them >.< so annoying

• Hey! >:P lol

• Only one girl did for, and I fell in love with her :$. We've been dating for 13 months now.

• did for me* (edit for my last post).