What can I do differently to end my forever alone 18 year streak?

So I'm 18, mature, freshly graduated out of high school and have never had a boyfriend. I have always been a very straight forward person. My best friend is a guy but he has a girlfriend and I find myself wanting a relationship but I push the guys I talk to away without noticing it. Any advice on what I can do to get out of the cycle? Lol I'm fine with being single I'm just curious to know what it's like (:

Most Helpful Guy

• Just smile, be friendly and open up to meeting someone. Its great to have someone to share things with, but not something you have to have. You learn a lot about yourself being alone.
    If you meet someone you are interested in, just keep showing your pretty smile, listen and ask questions. Look for similar interests and see what chemistry happens.

What Guys Said 3

• Don't get bored
    u will find interest if u try
    try on any guy
    i am also single
    it does not mean that u can not have
    and i know how it feels
    just go for but try to find interest
    best of luck
    have a nice time with any

• When people are still young its kind of hard to find real relationships... a lot of young people get a lover for reasons other than love...(ie: status... boredome... lose virginity etc)...

How serious are you about getting not only a boyfriend but a good boyfriend?

There are plenty of websites that will help you address this delimna.

• "I push the guys I talk to away without noticing it. "

Tell us a little more about how you do that.

• Also curious.

• Well thanks for rewording my phrase (:

• yeah. thats the problem haha

What Girls Said 2

• My guess would be if you are pushing people away it means you either subconsciously or knowingly scared or uncomfortable of the idea of being in a relationship. It's new territory, something you've never done. Just know that you are totally deserving of whatever it is that you want, maybe you need to work on your confidence? Also though, pushing people away could just be an indicator that they aren't the right person for you. Trust me on this, being in a relationship is great, but being in a relationship with the wrong person can be hard and upsetting, so maybe you know yourself better than you think and just know that these guys are not the right fit for you. When the right guy comes along, I have a feeling you'll be able to really open up and allow yourself to feel vulnerable with them. It will happen, I know 18 years seems like a long time, but don't worry, it'll come when it's supposed to :) Good luck!

• Thanks that's really good feed back! I'll just wait and see what comes next (:

• I didn't have my first kiss until 18, so I know how you feel. Thing is, I didn't get kissed, find a boyfriend, or do anything like that until I completely changed my life around and met a whole new spectrum of people. My advice is to just get out and find new people.