I think I'm in love with my best friend?

okay, so let me give you a little background.
I have been best friends with this kid since freshman year. (seniors now) and he has always been sort of in love with me. We've always had a very unique relationship, but I have never felt the same back and it was just an ongoing joke, but lately, things have changed. me and him are very very close, there isn't anything I'm uncomfortable saying around him, which is strange considering I'm a very anxious and nervous person. we play fight and flirt and act like we've been dating, even though we never actually have. we have kissed before etc but it was meaningless. now though, girls have been more into him and I've become insanely jealous. I can't tell if it's because im not his 'number 1' anymore, or if i actually have feelings for him. what do I do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Risk ruining your friendship by dating him or forever sit on the sidelines wondering what could have happened while going on to date other people.

What Guys Said 2

• What of he says no? Then your relationship is compromised. The fear of that happening is an awful feeling, and I understand that. But the feeling of never knowing... that's even worse.

• Distant is right. If you're that comfortable around him, then go out with him. Don't continue with "What if".

I don't regret the things I've done, I regret what I didn't do when I had the chance.

What Girls Said 1

• I've been there and I'm damn lucky he is still my best friend. I took the plunge and he opened up to me completely. I didn't like that parts he keeps reserved for the "GF". I felt like he was a totally different person, and then I realized that I was in fact just insecure that I would lose him to another woman. I was worried that a GF would become more important to him. A year later, it's become quite obvious that he genuinely loves me for me as more than a friend, and there is a pact between us that are SO's must understand we will always be part of each other's lives. We failed miserably as a couple, but now our friendship is stronger than ever.