We hooked up last night now what?

We've been talking for a while, went on a few dates. We hooked up last night and I couldn't stay bc I had to go to work in the morning. We communicated throughout the day. He asked me what my plans were for tonight but when I told him I had none he says he's hanging out with his family. Why ask me if you weren't going to hang out with me? Or was he just trying to let me know we weren't going to see each other tonight?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooo.. this is a bit hard. I dated a guy, we never hooked up but we definitely got along; went on a few dates. Then one day he asked me what I was doing that day. I said I was free. He replied, "Cool". I asked him, "Were you going to ask me out?" And he gave me a long speech about how he doesn't want to commit to anyone. That came out of nowhere!

So it really depends on your guy. I'd say give each other a bit of space and he'll call you or invite you out once he's sure whether or not he wants date you a bit more seriously. And keep yourself busy. Don't think about him too much, but keep talking to him enough to keep him interested. Do what feels natural for you and if doesn't work out, then it might be best to move on.

What Guys Said 1

• Ask him why he is not hanging out with you. How was the sex during the hookup? I know he probably had a great orgasm... how about you? More than once? Anyway, talk with him and see what is going on.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he was just making conversation, you all were talking all day. Obviously if he's hanging family then he won't be seeing you, but I do think he was just making small talk. You know when one person asks "What are you doing?" and you reply and ask the same thing, like that.

• maybe he was trying to tell you he's busy in a nice way, now this is an awkward situation because are you going to date or not now?