2 Great Dates... then she's off seeing another guy?

Had two great dates with a girl. First date was basically blind but by the end we had spent nearly 4 hours laughing and walking around town at night. She even pretended to fall and as I grabbed her she smoothly grabbed my hand. We kissed and planned a second date.
Second date was even better, we really opened up to each other and she came back to my place for some drinks. We ended up making out when she asked me where this was going. I said basically whatever happens happens. I told her I really liked her and would like to continue to see her. After making out some more I drove her back to her place as she had work in the AM and I had a flight (I'm a pilot).

We continued to chat for a few days and then suddenly she stopped answering my texts. I let it be for another week and asked her if she wanted to grab drinks, and again I was ignored. Then finally yesterday she told me she had started to see another guy.

Did I give her the wrong answer?

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of people date more than one person in the early stages. I've def been on the receiving end and it stings! But don't take it so personally.

Maybe she liked this guy before. Maybe he has a less demanding schedule. Maybe they have something really unique in common. Who knows? Don't second guess yourself or you'll lose confidence!

What Girls Said 5

• You didn't. Expecting someone to be in a committed relationship after two dates is insanely stupid. I'd say she messed up asking where that was leading but my take is that she has been hurt before and is making sure she is in control of everything which is even more stupid cause you can't control your heart. It sucks being rejected and we've all been there move on and if she shows up again, make her beg for a date :)

• She was dating more than one person at once and liked him more. It happens to the best of us. Either way, it's shitty but don't stress over someone you went on two dates with.

• She has commitment issues. I can tell she'll go through a lot of heartaches because I did that and went through one too many. Sounds like she was so impatient she didn't want to wait for you to come back so you two could go out again. You sound a great person, too bad for her :/

And I actually had that, but I was nice enough to stick around with my other date even if I wasn't that attracted to him. And funny thing is, I'm actually with the guy I decided to stick around with.

• If she does not get back to you, I guess she is more interested in the 2nd guy. Maybe you should contact the first girl you met again, if you had a great time together.

• The other person below sounds about right with wanting to be in control & avoid getting hurt. I've definitely been in the situation before. You said, whatever happens happens. That didn't really give much reassurance, she was probably looking for a relationship. She might've figured she'd be better off when someone that wanted commitment versus someone who just wanted to casually date.

What Guys Said 6

• No. Some Men and Women are just fickle. Its not your fault, she just found someone else. In fact, she could have simply wanted to hook up eventually!

• Yep. There's just some girls out there that just use guys to raise their own self esteem. It sucks. But your better off without her.

• Dude that sucks, these hoes ain't loyal :'(

• This could be one possibility, but she could have been double-dating guys. She found a nicer guy that suits her better, and decided to break you loose.

• Guess the dates were more "great" in your mind then her mind.

• And dating is supposed to be worth it.