My boyfriend doesn't even notice me around pretty girls, should I break up with him?

We've been together a while and it's always hurt my feelings that he stands around and just watches women walking by. He talks about how hot they are and what he'd do to them sexually etc. I overhear it all the time because we work together and he talks with the guys.

Sometimes I'll walk in next to a girl and he doesn't even notice me, he just stares at the girl. I could be standing next to a girl and he doesn't even look at me because he's too busy looking at her.

I really hate myself now. I don't feel attractive at all and I feel incredibly sad.

I keep thinking that it's best that I break up with him because when he walks in the room the first thing I notice is him. And he doesn't even look at me.

I'm a lot younger than him, and I get hit on a lot. But I care a lot that he doesn't notice me.

Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, it's possible he doesn't even get that he's making you feel that way. That fact alone shows that he's pretty inconsiderate and I wouldn't blame you for breaking up with him just for that. But, if you want to be super tolerant, you can let him know how that makes you feel, and if he says something like "who cares" or blames you for being sensitive or something, then my advice would be to definitely dump him because that shows that it's worse than him not realizing what he was doing: it shows he doesn't even care about your feelings.

• I took your advice. I talked to him, told him how I felt: that I felt disrespected that he does that in front of me and it really hurts my feelings and makes me feel ugly. He was very sweet and said he didn't mean to make me feel that way.

He ended up doing the same thing, but he stared at a woman, his head turning and everything right in front of me. I calmly asked him about it, he lied saying he didn't do anything. And when I said that I thought he was lying, he got mad, called me two faced and broke up with me because he didn't think we'd work out if I thought he was lying. :(

I loved him because I felt safe talking about how I felt with him. Now I know that he didn't care about how I felt, and he broke up with me because I wanted to talk about how I was feeling.

I'm very confused and sad but it's best. Thank you for your answer.

What Guys Said 3

• Go watch some nice YouTube videos of people dancing, watch a couple of films, go for a jog. Then come down, and write down the pros and cons of your relationship, then confront your boyfriend and explain to him that you're not afraid to end up single if he's not willing to contribute some feelings in the same way you have to make that relationship work. Don't shout, do not scream, don't cry, only fools try to get into shouting matches and then nothing gets done in the end. This is why a lot of people don't like me, because I mostly never lose my temper, are you up for the challenge?

• He knows what he is doing. Dump him.

How you feel matters and anyone who makes you feel bad is not good for you in any manner. You can belittle yourself without any help.

• You could butttt, think about how tough it is to actually get someone. They're just like jobs... do you want to go through that again? I mean besides, as long as he's not touching them, right?

What Girls Said 3

• If i were u, i would definatly dump him. You guys are a couple, he is supposed to be noticing you and you only. he's even doing it right in front of ur face! he's not right for you honey. Im sorry. I think you should tell him off about it and break up with him even if he says he won't do it again he probably will. You are beautiful and you are letting him put you down. You deserve someone much better and someone who makes you feel good about yourself. Good luck :)

• Whaaat... Dump him right away, girl.

• Dump him.

Guys know they shouldn't do that shit.

It's okay to check out other people. Were all human. But to say rude disrespectful shit like that is crossing the line