Why do people think lesbians are so hot but despise gay men?

Honestly, I think it's really annoying and mean to the male gay community that people say "Oh lesbians are so fucking hot!" but then turn around say that "ew you're gay! Go burn in hell!"

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Females are natural mates for males to begin with
    2. Anything beyond reach, on other side of the fence, forbidden, taboo is always intriguing for humans & men obviously
    3. Men are more visual creatures & naturally attracted to women - as ordained by nature
    4. A man attracted to a woman especially he knows he can't have is similar to another man's gf or wife or him being attached vying for another girl he finds attractive :)
    5. Whereas when it comes to a gay man, again he looks at it sexually. He finds no attraction to another man and hence the expression :)

• Thank you young lady, for your kind and thoughtful gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :) I wholly appreciate your generous gesture :)

What Guys Said 16

• Not all people think that way but I get you. I know people who despice gay men. These are shallow morons who do not understand they are a sissy to a certain degree themselves since we all have male and female hormones in our all our bodies. Gay people rock!

• Thank you for your input! I agree completely! I am a lesbian and it is nice to meet somebody who is equally accepting of both gay communities!

• I don't despise gay men. Woman are just beautiful, men are gross. I don't really blame a women liking other women. How could someone not lol? But 2 men having sex is repugnant to me but I don't give a damn what they do. Cilantro is repugnant to me but I don't care if someone else eats it.

• Because a woman's body is like a work of art while a man's is sickening, all hairy, rough skin, etc. I don't have a problem with gay people though I don't understand the attraction. I can totally understand why lesbians are hot because of my first sentence.

• Women are viewed as much more sexual. Even many women fake liking other women to fit in with guys. I doubt women are really likely to be more bi sexual than men inherently. We know society influences and exaggerates that interaction.

Men aren't really viewed as sexual nearly as much. Males listen to what they want which is to see women. Women are taught to abstain from sexual urges. My head hurts. Sorry lol I'm tired. It's hard to explain.

• Obviously because I am hetero and like to see female body's and females involved in sexual activities. I don't want to see gays because seeing penises and male bodys turns me off. I don't think it's wrong for gays to be sexual, I just don't want to see it.

• The undersexualization of men is the primary culprit.

In today's society it's "hot" for a girl to be bi or gay, but a man, horrible. That's just the way it is for now.

• Because you're usually talking to straight men?
    Funnily enough I'm on an RP forum for a game, and there's a gay guy on there who's really nice but a bit of an outcast... One thing led to another and now I'm kind of RPing a gay relationship with him O_o

• It's because homosexual males have anal sex.

Now why people who are actually fans of anal sex freak out about that, yeah no idea at all.

• Because straight men love women, and straight men are traditionally the most vocal about what they like.

• I don't find lesbians hotter than gays, I'm indifferent to both. The contrast between a very strong and manly guy and a very feminine and sweet girl is a turn-on for me.

• Why does it cost 10 bucks to get into a movie theater when the DVD will cost 15 bucks a month later?

• If you have to ask, then there's not much point in trying to explain, eh?

• Because most people who are against gays are men, and men find lesbians hot because they're female.

• because a man's "Job" in life is to get a good job a house and provide for a woman oh and give her children if she want's them to.
    men aren't "aloud" to say no to having a woman in their life. rather that's choosing to be single or gay.

• LOL I know what you mean. I used to sleep with guys. Before my friends knew it, they used to watch lesbian p*rn. I called it "gay" p*rn and they freaked out. "It's not gay porn!" Yes, it is! It is gay!

It is really hypocritical.

• "used to" LOL

• I don't sleep with men anymore. Not sure if they are still watching lesbian p*rn. To me, it's disgusting. Lesbian p*rn.

• It's just misandry mixed with extreme insecurity

What Girls Said 8

• People who think lesbians are hot = men
    People who despise gay men = men

For obvious reasons. To be honest, they might like to watch 2 women together in p*rn and stuff, but they're probably despised socially just the same. And well, isn't it a bit like whatever.

• I suppose you are right. I just ask the question because I've met and/or talked to many people of both genders that will say they are fine with lesbians but hate gay men and vice versa. The double standard is very annoying hypocritical.

• It's mostly men with these opinions. I know there are girls who are more than fine with gay guys, but aren't so comfortable with lesbians. Guys find lesbians hot because guys tend to be more sexual, and of course guys aren't going to find two guys together cool at all.

• People think 2 lipstick lesbians are hot. They'll never say that "male impersonating" lesbians are hot

• I believe that its just because women don't find gay guys kissing hot while guys like seeing girls kissing.

• Often it's scummy, slimy dudes worry that men will try all the slimy stuff they do to women feel this way. They're general low lives who aren't above coercing/tricking a women into sexual activity, so a little fear is in their mind. They don't see lesbians as any different than other women-just objects for their arousal.

• I'm a woman and even I think LESBIANS ARE HOT

• Society has sexualized women, and made men seem like powerful, strong, "manly" beings.

A woman + woman = sex + sex = hot

Yet a guy being with another guy is not as easily accepted. It's sad how the word "gay" is incorrectly used as a synonym for "weak".

• i think because they're attracted to girls, not guys. it's not homosexuality they're attracted to, just the girls. and they're ignorant.