What are some good ideas to take a girl on a first date? We're high schoolers?

I'm 16 and she's 15, I just lost a lot of weight so I have newfound confidence and feel like it's time to finally ask a girl on a date so this will be my first one. I friend said ask her to the movies but that seems kinda boring. Are there any good ideas? Or would a movie be good?

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember these three tips and every date will be a good one
    1. Face to face- if you don't have the opportunity to look at her in her eyes and talk to her for a whole you're missing a big piece of the puzzle
    2. Active- it's best to do something that gets her moving and gets that heart rate up. You want that blood pumpin. Don't kill her but make sure she's feeling excited
    3. Contact- it's always good to go on a date that would invite physical contact
    4. Try- and this is the biggest one always try and be different. Try and be fun. Try and make her remember this date but always remember that all you can do is try. Don't freak yourself out about being perfect but try and plan out a fun day for her
    5. Sense- hit as many as you can. The senses are how we communicate with the world. Incorporate them into every date. Eat good food see beautiful sights listen to great music just always try and touch her senses and her emotions make her feel. Then on the other end of that keep your senses high. Pay attention to her and try to gauge her interest on certain activities and steer her towards those places

So my friend just remember the F. A. C. T. S.

• Sorry as I was writing three became five lol

What Girls Said 4

• How well do you know this girl? If it's someone you know very well, you might want to do something that you can interact a lot with, like a sport (mini golf, batting cages, etc.) You can get to know a different side of her that way. If you just met, but seemed to hit it off really well, you might want something like a picnic, or going to a restaurant, where you can talk more. (in this case, I'd go for a not very well known restaurant, that neither of you have been to! It makes for a fun first experience that you get to share!)
    If you have just met and are trying to get to know one another better, I suggest doing something where you have the option to talk, but you aren't limited to talking so there won't be many awkward silences. (things like movies, bike rides, etc.) Many people say not to do a movie, since you don't get to talk, but if you are really nervous, and don't know her well, it makes it easier to talk, since you get to talk about the movie afterward and don't have to come up with your own conversation topic.

In the end, it's best to just find something you both like to do, and make sure she has fun :)

• I think asking her to the movies is perfectly fine. This is your first date, so you won't want to do something too adventurous or avant-garde to screw it up. After the movie, you two can talk about the plot or something, so it won't be awkward if you got nothing to say. By the way, be sure the movie you pick interests her.

• I would personally find that boring. Ask if she says yes, good- you two can decide on it. Other options are going to the park, beach or hike. If active is not either your type, going to the mall or coffee shops may be it. If none of that is appealing, look in the newspaper and see what's around.

• No movies - you can't talk.
    Some of my best dates have been going to a park, or to get fro-yo/ice cream some place you can sit down. You want to be able to talk with her while seeing how she interacts with her surroundings (ex. little kids, poor service, bugs, wind, etc..)
    Good luck! 😊

What Guys Said 3

• Ice cream pairs up well with most non-formal activities, especially in the summer, so if you feel the need to add something extra, tacking on a trip to Cold Stone or a local ice cream parlor is a good play. Going to, say, the Cheesecake Factory just for a slice of cheesecake can serve the same function.

So, for example, a first date might involve walking in a park or mall + ice cream.

If you do the mall thing, make sure there's something in the mall to do besides walk around and look at clothes. My local mall, for example, has a mirror maze (a selfie-addict's dream) and a restaurant with a rain forest theme and pet shop across the way.

Park districts in general always have events going on during the summer, and many towns are putting on their town festival at this time of year. Outdoor movies during the summer are superior to going to the theater, in my opinion; referring here not to an outdoor theater, but family events where people bring blankets and camp out to watch PG movies at the park. Bring your blanket, have a picnic dinner, and sit toward the back where you can talk softly to each other and not tick people off.

If you can skate, figure out if she can too; open skating at a local rink is a great early date idea IMO. Alternatively, roller skating is a good throwback sort of date if you have a roller rink near you.

The zoo or an amusement park are usually a bigger time investment, and in my opinion better if you're already friends or have been dating for a couple of weeks, but they can still be made to work on a first date.

• Honestly, at this age a romantic dinner wouldn't be anything but awkward. Take her to the movies, tivoli, just somewhere where there's something to do except for just talking.

• Walk in the park at night. It's free, no car required, you get to know each other.