Is it true that the reason why a lot of Latina women end up with white men mostly because they've had a bad experience?

with men of their own ethnic group and began to hate them, believing that all of them are wife beaters who have no respect for them?

According to a lot of Y! A Questions I've read and a lot of YouTube comments I've read relating to Latino/a relationships, they say it's because they're supposedly fed up with Latino men having no respect for them. As a Latino male myself, I ironically attract more white women than my own kind, I don't know why.

The stereotypes that I find very annoying coming from many women, including Latina women themselves is that all Latino men are:
wife beaters who don't respect their women,
all of them are rapist,
all of them are perverts,
all of them are violent thugs
and all of them are womanizers/cheaters.

As a Latino male myself, I'm NONE of the following. I treat everyone (including women) the way I would like them to treat me. I do tend to have a bit of a short temper but I know how to control it and my culture and gender mixed together has nothing to do with my temper, more to do with the environment that I grew up. If any person is gonna treat me like crap, then they should expect the same from me. What some people see me coming off as short-tempered, arrogant and unpleasant, I call it coming off as straight forward and honest because the environment I grew up in and the people I hung around with. I'm usually a very nice person if you're friendly but I just hate @ssholes

So Latinas, I'd honestly like to hear from you about my question here if this is really the case.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• The only complain I have about Latino men is that some are very macho kind. They believe that women should have the food ready when they get home and cater to their every need. I believe it's only men born and raised it mexico. Mexican American men are more open and don't think that way anymore. Might be my own opinion but based on the Latino men that I know, that's what I've noticed.

• I guess you could say that I'm not your "typical" Latino. I'm a Mexican-American yet I'm actually a little reserved, soft-spoken and sometimes shy when meeting some nice women, not the loud mouth and aggressive macho guy-type.

• Yup I've seen things blow out of proportion too like that. It's like relax it's not that big of a deal just go back get the rest of your money and go on with your life. Trying to fire someone? If they work at walmart it's because they obviously really need the money. It's like they think everyone owes them something and should bow down to them or something.

• Yeah. It's actually kinda sad.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think so at all. My image of a Latino man is he's a romantic, respectful, and ol-fashioned (obviously just a generalization). I don't like them because I'm not attracted to the average Latino, I like white guys because that's my physical preference. I've never even heard of what you described being a thing, interesting observation.

• Ironically, as a Latino guy like myself, I seem to attract more white women than any other ethnic groups for some reason, not that it's bad thing. I honestly don't have racial/ethnic preference of women as long as she's beautiful enough by my own standards and if I like her personality.

• My mom always says that it's because Latin men are more romantic and emotional than American guys so they steal all the white girls haha. Good for you dude, in the end it really is all about that.

• Those are just stereotypes I don't its true tho. Latino or white it depens on the person how they treat people

I heard that latino guys are best at making love? O_o

• Nah latina women love latino men white men don't really understand the importance of cultural traditions and customs. White people generally don't enjoy spicy foods and they treat everything like a spectical or some odd thing that minorities do. I never seen too many latina women desperately want a white man like most Asian women do or like few black women do. Most Latin folks are proud people and need their significant other to embrace and take on their culture something white people have a hard time doing.

What Guys Said 3

• I've dated mostly Latina women, and the ones I've been with have all had very positive attitudes towards Latinos. Only one of them actually expressed a strong preference for white guys, and even then she didn't dislike Latinos... she just didn't prefer them by a long shot in terms of looks.

To be honest though, I'm the kind of person that won't tolerate racial negativity, so my experiences might be a little different because I wouldn't even date a woman who felt that way.

• Most minority women that date and marry interracial do so because the brainwashing that white is the standard of beauty and they are desperate and thirsty to date and marry interracial. They also believe they will have better social status and that they will be accepted in society more if they date and marry white guys and they look down on men in their own race and they believe the stereotypes even though they know that stereotypes are myths.

• Me and my wife are white latino/a so hows that work then?

• I was referring to strictly Latinos in general, not non-Latino whites (or blacks or Asians for that matter).

• ok cool, i'm italian

• But I'm not talking about Americans of Latin European (Italians, Spaniards, French, etc.) origin. I'm talking about Americans of Latin American (Central, Caribbean and South America) origin.