My friends say I'm ugly, it hurts?

I am a girl, i just borrowed my brothers account. I have really really low self esteem. Im about 125pounds and 5'2 in height. Im fat. I have a really round face, I dont wear spectacles. Im a funny person in general but my so called "friends" in my clique says im ugly. I know i am ugly but shouldn't they keep their comments to themselfs? They even commented me on social media which makes my esteem drop more, i am hurt by what they said. Other than that group of "friends" i have no one else i can sit next to during lunch. I dont want to look like a loner too. I am utterly depressed by my looks, and I even have a crush in class. What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• you know if I could see you right now I would slap the crap out of you...125lbs for 5'2" your perfectly normal but I understand the media brainwashes young girls into thinking you have to be 90lbs or worse. Round face - you see having a round face almost all the time gives you the advantage of having any hairstyle you want - see I cannot have that pixie look because I have an oval face anyway your friends - anyone who makes fun of you is not your friend and why do you listen to them and being a loner is not such a bad thing but once again your a teenager and it will look like your a creep or something but in all honesty its fun I get to observe my surroundings - look in life people will come your way who may be jerks and bitches but you have to really look at yourself and see the beauty - look in the mirror and say every day as you wake up - I am beautiful, I am unique - there is no one like me, everything is wonderful in my life and I have everything that I want - trust me with this mantra you will start to see the real you

What Girls Said 5

• yu need new friends. These friends sound more like bullies than friends. So just get away from them. You sound like a nice person so i think you could manage to find a few new friends and people to sit with. Or sometimes its just better to be a loner. And remember you're beautiful and don't let anyone tell you different. You might not be the worlds definition of beauty... But no one is. Just be confident and wonderful you. Because you are amazing!!!

• They're not your friends if you they pick on you. You're normal, but I understand how you feel, I feel the same way.

• You need new friends!

• New friends. No one is ugly if they take care of themselves maybe work out a bit use make up or make your face clear and smooth.

• I was friends with people like that for a long time, and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. having friends like that will only make you more self conscience and prolong the amount of time you are. You need to find new friends. When you find friends who don't put you down and genuinely like and care about you; your world will change. Your confidence level will sky rocket. When you do you might even end up losing weight. A lot of people comfort eat so you get made of for being fat, you eat, you don't lose or maybe even gain weight, and then get made fun of some more. It starts a cycle. A bad one. I recommend joining a club at school, one you would be interested in that way you meet some new people. You may be a loner for a little while but it's worth it. Also try and stay off social media because it will be counter productive. You deserve better than those "friends" of yours.

What Guys Said 3

• Ok, first of all, 5'2" 125 pounds is NOT fat. Guessing you're still in high school. You're still growing into your body. You may add a little height yet, or you may be as tall as you're going to get, but you're still growing into your frame, so don't sweat the weight right now (unless your doctor is concerned about it, which, at that weight, he isn't). If you still feel concerned about it, I'd recommend getting physically active. Don't change your diet unless it is terribly unhealthy (again, your doctor is your guide here). That should help with that.

As far as being "ugly," try switching up your look some. If you don't wear make up, maybe start. If you do wear make up, try a different look. Look at your clothes. Try to dress to your body type. Maybe a new hairstyle. Smile as much as possible. It can't hurt any to try this stuff. Also, take a look at your personality and temperment. If you're generally relaxed, easy-going, even-tempered, and good natured, your personality is fine. If you're generally moody, surly, bitchy, whiny, nag a lot, or cut down others endlessly, those are ugly personality traits, and they hurt your overall image. If you feel better about yourself, it'll show, and you will look better to the rest of the world.

• If you're not trolling, then I am sorry this is happening to you. You are not ugly. Just do what you enjoy doing.. maybe join a sports league and concentrate on studying or any passion that you have. Meet people while doing what you like doing. Don't associate much with people that bring you down like the ones in school. High school can be a hard time for people. Just ride it out and the world is a much better and more open place once you're done HS. Thing will start looking a lot better soon.

• Frankly you are better off as a loner. When I first started high school, I had to be a loner because I wouldn't put up with drama. By my sophomore year, I had made many friends! So reach out to other loners, and don't stick with those selfish leeches you call friends!