Lying about age or just premature gray hair?

Hi. So i recently joined a dating site and found a guy that i really clicked with. After a few weeks of talking we decided to meet in person in a public place. It was really great:) The only down side was that he has the start of a bald spot on the middle of the back of his head and there is a lot of gray hairs mixed in with his brown hair. I don't mind if his hair is gray or if he goes bald, I just dont know if he is lying about his age (by saying he is younger than he really is) or if he is just prematurely graying/going bald. I feel like it would be a sore subject if he is prematurely graying, so i dont know how to bring it up. Any ideas?

I forgot to mention his age (sorry). He said he was 24

Most Helpful Guy

• Baldness can be caused by testosterone levels: the higher the level, the greater the chance of early baldness. Likewise, greyness can be caused by genetics: if one or both parents turned grey early, then their children will likely turn grey early, and this is most especially true in Caucasians. I know these things well because I have had grey hairs here and there as well as an almost-bald spot on the top-rear part of my head since I was ~25. If I were you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

What Guys Said 4

• I've known a co worker who was completely gray at 27 (no bald spot.) I've known guys losing hair at 29. Any hairdresser is the best source for information.

• Losing hair certainly possible seems early for grey. I'm guessing he's 30.

• Ask to see his ID :)

• Well how old did he say he was?

• He said that he was 24

• I've seen people my age with that same problem. Im 25 and i have gray hair. So its entirely possible. Does he have a facebook? Its probably the best way to find out without straight up asking for his ID

• Yes he does. I guess i should have just looked there. Thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• start a conversation about terrible photos and then say you hate your drivers licence one, show him how "bad" it is and then ask to see his... you'll probably get a giggle, because everyone's looks awful, but you can sneak a look at his age...

• Nah I think he is lying about his age, not good.