How can I make my relationships last longer? The moment a guy does something that I don't like, I dump him?

I'm 23 and the longest relationship I've been in was four months. I'm always the one to end it, and I have to admit, that I've broken up with bfs for pretty silly reasons. I don't want to make compromises. I feel like, there are plenty of fish in the sea and I can always find another guy, so I don't want to stay with someone who does things that I don't like.. even if it's something minor. For example, taking too long to reply to my txts, watching p*rn, or burping in front of me are all reasons that I've dumped guys for.. How can I be more forgiving towards men? I realize that they're human too and I have my own flaws.. but I don't see the point of staying in a relationship when I can dump him and easily replace him with another guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Start making compromises. That's crazy, dumping a guy for burping? I don't even know what to say to this... you just need to find a guy that you deem "good enough" to make compromises for.

• Actually I just think that you didn't like those guys a lot to begin with. You need to find a guy that you genuinely love.

• Thanks for MH (:

What Guys Said 5

• Well relationships are all about both people making compromises. To have a healthy relationship compromise is necessary. When you say taking to long to reply to your texts do you mean minutes, hours or days? Burping is a natural thing everyone does it. Watching p*rn, do you give the guy chance to get rid of those p*rn magazines first? To be more forgiving you need to accept that no one is perfect and that everyone makes mistakes including you. Think about it how would you feel if every guy dumped you over these little things? At the end of the day the only person you are upsetting is yourself but doing this. So for your own happiness you should be more forgiving to. It not only helps the man but also helps you because you do not drive everyone away.

• I think you just used those things as excuses to dump them. The truth is you never really liked any of the guys you dated enough to stay with them. When you find a guy that you actually like stuff like that won't matter.

• No one is ever going to be perfect. How are u able to call it a "relationship" when you are easily able to think of it as replaceable?
    Something is seriously wrong with you and I am disgusted by your attitude, literally.

• it seems like you didn't actually like those guys. if you really loved them, you could look past those habits

• Focus on what their habits say about their PERSONALITY.

What Girls Said 0