Should I give up on trying to get guys for awhile?

I mean, I kind of already have. I just need some more opinions on if I really should.
I'm really shy and my self esteem is only okay so I have a hard time approaching guys in the first place. And on top of that there are so many other girls around that're cuter than me. Plus, every guy I express my feelings to "only sees me as a friend". So should I continue with not trying or try a little more? Please don't be mean or anything :(

Most Helpful Girl

• No don't give up but it's OK to take a break from dating though

Work on your self esteem in the mean time. I felt like you but college has way more opportunities!

And I hope you don't mind but I'll be answering a few more of your questions

What Guys Said 1

• Don't give up. Just accept it'll take way longer.

• Like, some people can just show up and get swarmed by guys. Some people need to be at 100% effort and get a guy every once in a while.

What Girls Said 1

• The more you try the easier it will be to break out of your shell, don't retreat back into it. If you keep going you might meet the right guy :) I use to be shy but I'm so forward now that I can't believe I use to be so nervous. I'm still rather quiet though.