Why do guys not want to put it on Facebook?

So me and this guy have been going out almost every day. Were soon going to be long distance about 2 hours when he leaves for college. Yesterday we had the define the talk. He thought we were already dating like bf and gf. I didn't know we were officially, I want to be bf and gf. However, he never officially asked me. He said he has never asked a girl that. Then when I mention are we putting it on Facebook. He like laughs and says no. He doesn't want to. So I am suppose to date him long distance and he doesn't have one picture of me, no relationship status nothing about me? Is he just wanting to play the field. Why do guys not want to put it on Facebook? I mean a lot of guys message me, and comment on my stuff, wouldn't u wanna say that I am all yours that I am taken? I don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe, as wise as I am, if he is First starting Slow with you, and it's gotten to the part Now where you are Both Exclusive, Yet Nothing has been mentioned as of Yet----Officially. He wants you to be his girl Only, but my guess, he is Not ready for Any heavy commitment, and also isn't ready to Explain you both to the whole wide world and that includes----Facebook.
    No, you don't have to 'suppose to date him long distance' if it's not for you. A lot can happen with him going to college, and of course with nothing Official, he could end up 'playing the field' later on. Life is a gamble.
    However, if he truly cares about you, and for now you are His, just go with his slow flow for what it is.
    It's your choice, your call.
    As far as 'pictures of me,' there's no harm in taking a few of the both of you for the future and just to have. When you have been together longer, you will eventually know, if you decide to stick it out, just What your 'relationship status' ends up to be.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you!!! Your right i am over thinking it!!! I need to cool it down a bit. we have taken photos together but not posted any. I am just not used to this. Guys used to get upset if i didn't post pictures of us together. bc they wanted to show us off.

• You're so welcome... Yes, I know how over anxious a girl can be, but if you have gotten This far, just hang in there a bit longer and feel it out... Every guy is different of course. He is just One who likes to go slow... xx

What Guys Said 6

• it could just be his preference. wait this one out a little bit and let things reveal themselves.

• some guys are as reluctant to admit being in a relationship as girl are reluctant to admit to having sex.

• Personally, unless I were married, I wouldn't post it either. Honestly in my opinion its a bit of a high-school thing.

The thing is unless your married, chances are your going to have to change that status at some point. But then everyone sees it and that can be embarrassing. Especially getting the "what happened?" Messages.

• thats true too much to explain, it think this is just new to me. I think there are pros and cons to listing it. I just wanted to know why guys tend to not want to, cause my gf went through this once.

• Lots of reasons lol. Depends on the age of the guy, his experiences, and his personal views.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the field though. Just that he's taking things slow, this is all new to him

• Guys usually do want to put it on facebook, this seems weird. Noone can say for sure why he won't unless you ask him, we can only speculate here and we will end up getting you worried. My first thought was that he isn't sure if he wants a full blown relationship since you are gonna be long distance, but then again he might have a good reason. You gotta ask him :P

• I tried he kept changing the subject. I am not cocky but normally a guy is dying for me to list him as my bf. I am just taken back by it. I am trying not to assume the worst. But i think its the distance.

• I guess all you can do is wait it out and see how things go. If he starts slacking in the relationship though you should too, put in the same amount of effort he does. That way if he is just playing then you aren't getting all involved with him

• thats a good idea. Its tough for me i fall easily i hate that ab me.

• If he does the " **** went from being "single" to in a " relationship" update then he's going to cop a lot of cheeky comments. People always make jokes about those statuses.

• Because it's only facebook. Do you want to draw hearts and your initials on the toilet walls?

It's about the same thing IMO. Who the hell cares what's written on the bathroom wall, or some virtual wall somewhere? Anyone who's business it is, will know. And if it's not their business, then it's NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS.

If you think a Facebook status is going to magically somehow stop a cheater from cheating, then what can I tell you, you've over estimated the power of a website.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't put my relationships on Facebook. It's pointless, you guys know you're together isn't that enough? I don't see why people always post about their relationships. Take a photo with him if thats what you want, but it's not a big deal that he doesn't want his private life all over social media.

• Your right thanks for your perspective i need to be more open minded