Why do some guys even think they have a chance with me?

I want a nice gentlemen. Not some random guy asking me for my number.
That's so annoying.
How do they even know if I'm their type, or if they're mine?

I'm a princess! I'm not going to let any guy break me. I cannot stand insecure men who try to control you. Stay tf away from me with that bs. I swear.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine to have high standards. To be honest I find it suspicious and a bit worrying when a man asks for my phone number before attempting to have a conversation with me. However I don't view them as insecure or a bad person, I'm just wary about giving away personal information to someone I haven't even spoken to yet.

I'm assuming you're calling some of the guys you've gotten to know through these methods "insecure" and not guys overall who ask for your number "insecure", because if it's the latter then I'd say that it's not fair to jump to a conclusion when you don't know them, similarly to how none of us know you and people are making assumptions as to what kind of person you are (self entitled, high horse, bitter, etc.) based on what you've chosen to share with us.

All in all try not to label people that you only know from a single sentence. It's fine to be cautious and it's up to you whether or not you exchange numbers, but don't take your frustration out on these guys. Some may not be the type of person you want to associate yourself with, but by not giving any of them a chance (the ones that you may feel safer with) you're hindering yourself and them by ruining what could have been a good opportunity for you both.

• I said controlling men were insecure...

• *thank

• Ahh okay, that makes more sense.
      And thank-you for most helpful. :)

What Guys Said 30

• I'm a pretty, pretty princess too.

www.funfancydress.com/.../SANC_3296.jpg

• Haha. But I seriously think there's nothing wrong with thinking you're a princess. Maybe a lot of girls would have confidence if they thought they were some too. Bye

• I have no idea why they would be interested.

• I have guy friends who would walk in the snow to get my gummy bears. If that doesn't prove I must be a nice lady. What does? Good day sir. Hope you have a happy life :-)

• They don't know.

You seem to be confusing 'going on a date' with 'getting married'.

The point of dating is to find out if you're compatible.

When you're a kid you tend to date people you already know well through school. You get to know each other socially, and if you like each other, become a couple.

Once you leave school, you pretty soon exhaust your social circle for potential dating partners. "Dating" becomes something you do as a process to get to know people where there is potential mutual interest. If it works out, you become a couple.

• If I am interested in a girl, I'll ask her for her number because who knows when I can see her again. I think being upfront about the issue is the best technique.. Would you prefer a guy asking to "hang out" etc without clear intentions, and then find out later that he's interested in you? Being upfront and honest makes the most sense and is the least complicated

• Why would I want to hang out with a random guy? I don't think men understand that we can't be very friendly like that.

• that's what all guys do

• you're a princess? of what monarchy?

why do guys who don't know you approach you? because perhaps you are attractive and they figure no harm no foul. is it really so terrible that a guy approach you?

It can be annoying but there are also lots of women who will complain that no mean approach them so consider that...

• No. But I would rather them start a conversation. So we can get to know each other a little better. I'm a princess of Jesus.

• Real. By real you mean pH my? If they're real, Barbie must be too.

• *phony

• From reading all your responses it seems as if you're self entitled. I hate to say this but nobody likes a stuck up girl. I'm sure you're a nice person when people make you feel good, but when you hear things you don't want to hear seems like you start to tense up and deliberately accuse people.

Here's my advice. Try to be opened minded, DONT BE RUDE and politely decline the person's phone request. Be understanding and kind towards others. Keep comments to yourself that might make others feel like you're degrading them. Don't be so picky especially when many guys approach you. There my ¢2

• Eh. I'm very pikcy. I do decline thank you. P. S if you read what I wrote I said I like nice guys. I don't understand why guys randomly ask for my phone number. I also said insecure men are annoy in. Since when was that bad? FYI have fun with your hipster life.

• You dropped out of college to live your life right? I thought that was a hippie. It wasn't an insult.

• Now that I can understand. If the guy comes up to you asking for your number only cuz he thinks you're hot without there any other valid reason, you have every right to decline that. You don't want men who only dig you for your looks. There will be guys like that, but you just have to weed them out.

Now if they approach you how you said you would like to be approached then you have no reason to be complaining.

• You should wear a sign that says "I'm a princess!" around your neck. That'll let guys know how full of yourself you are and you'll never have to worry about being approached by men again.

• Okay I feel good about myself. I didn't insult anyone... who didn't desirespected me that is. But P. S. I already have some :-)

• *one

• It's funny how some complain that men don't approach them and some complain that they do. Maybe one of those guys is a nice gentleman but you turned him down. You're not better than anyone else, you're not special.

• I want a guy who takes time to know me.

• 5 mins doesn't prove anything LOL

• You know what you're right. So they would still be a stranger right? WHY WOULD I GIVE A STRANGER MY DAMN PHONE NUMBER?

• Because they never know if they don't take that chance. What makes you think you're so good a guy shouldn't even try?

• I'm sophisticated, have my own house, my own career, life goals, I don't drink or smoke, I'm not addicted to anything, I keep good hygiene, Im reserved, I look presentable, and I'm a decent girl. I have many more things about me that's attract. But that's none of your concern.

• I know because I've had sex.

• sorry, got you confused with QA who said she was a virgin.

• Lol I bet if they knew you they wouldn't be asking for your number.

• Just the way you worded the title makes you come across as a completely stuck up bitch.

• Eh. I hate pathetic men like you. I'm a boxer and I doubt you would call me a bitch to my face. Or I would hope you wouldn't be that dumb. #GirlBodBuilder

• @Asker fuck! you go to the gym?:P I love a girl that can squatxD

• So does the princess ever approach the prince? Go after what she wants? At least with guys approaching you have the opportunity to say yes or no. Would you rather no one approach?

• I like nice guys. I haven't met any I have interest in.

• *well

• No, I don't blame you for not giving it out to some guy you don't know. I wouldn't do that either. Not that any guys ask for my phone number. ;-p

If you were in a coffee shop and some guy started talking to you. So he sits down and the two of you chat for a couple hours and get along well. If he asked for your number. Would you give it to him.

• well they're just trying. a guys gotta try right? at least you have guys that take interest in you:D

• "Sophisticated," yet you don't even drink wine? What a poor attitude you have towards life. There's so much for you to know in the world of alcohol, besides just getting drunk (which is plainly awful).

What do you mean insecure men? Since when is rudeness indicative of insecurity? I'm insecure, but I come off as shy and overly polite, not rude.

• I said insecure men who blah blah blah. Not nice insecure people. I think you read what I wrote to fast. Drinking wine doesn't make you classy. A lot of people happen to respect my beliefs and still think I'm a class sy lady.

• Actually I don't drink because I don't have to be like everyone else. It's funny how you're calling home snobby. When you're the one being a snobby bitch.

• It has nothing to do with being like everyone else, it has to do with trying it for yourself. But you don't want to be like everyone else, it has nothing to do with "not having to be," like them. You simply choose to elevate yourself.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word. If I were you I'd refrain from speaking because there are many things you have a poor understanding of.

• How will they ever get to know you if you don't give them a chance to talk with you?
    Probably just making an effort to talk with you is all

• Yes texting and talking aren't quiet the same. I don't feel comftorable giving random guys my number. They'er physcos out there >.>

• I have an IG. But I don't want weirdos following me. Tbh I have a lot of nice guy friends already.

• I mean like a texting app or something. Don't blame you though.

• A princess? Sounds very interesting indeed. Might I know of what monarchy? Don't take it the wrong way, I'm really interested to know more :)

• I'm a very independent girl. I wasn't saying I need a guy to take care of me, baby me, and etc. Just to treat me kindly. I just think half of the people on my question are just jealous and vexed.

• I already have kind male friends. I'm not interested in a relationship. I'm going to be graduating soon.

• Okay, I get it now. I was a bit confused by the first sentence of your post, "I want a nice gentleman". Sounds like you already have everything you need to be happy with your male friends then. Best of luck with your graduation :)

• That's overgeneralizing, not all of us are like that. We want girls phone number just so we can connect, that's all there is to it. If we need to identify whether you are the type then we have to "connect" - e. g. exchanging phone numbers is one of the method.

If you don't feel safe to give away your phone number then by all means don't do it then, it's purely your call.

• Did I just not say all guys. Damn some people seriously need to learn how to read.

• This also goes for those guys as well. They need your phone number so that they can get to know you and your unique personality.

• Obvious troll. Why come here with this bullshit?

• and I tough a bitter girl was enough for me to run away from her.. but that tops everything haha

• Cool story bro. I actually had a boyfriend before. I cooked for him when he got him, gave him massages, hugs, and kiss. FYI, I'm not your ex...

• He moved to Canada. People desperate, doesn't mean there was something wrong with you.

• why don't you start some "I'm a princes" conversation with me. I had to laugh so hard about it first that I spit on my phone screen. may I start. so I would very likely run for a princess, yes I know exactly that she's a princess when I just see her. yes cause princesses have the most expensive clothing.. fuck I have such a small English grammar help!

• you are free to think whatever you want its a free world...

• Because in real life you'll be approached by such men and you can do very little to prevent that. At least be grateful they had the guts to ask for your number.

• You are probably the type of girl i keep going after too. Uhg i hate myself

• What do you mean 'the type of girl'? Sorry if you don't know how to pick them.

• Thank you. A lot of people find me sweeet. I'm not controlling either. Have a nice day mantenerse guapo.

• Cool story.

• This way of thinking is going to keep everyone away. I don't know whose worse your entitled attitude or the girls below that are defending your train of thought.

by the way Princess is usually used as a condescending term for a girl. I never heard someone claim they're one.

You hate insecure guys, yet i get the feeling you try too hard to convince us you're not. Which makes me think you're very insecure. I'm almost certain you've posted 2-3 other posts with this same message.

I really hope for your sake you're a really young kid pretending to be older because you sound borderline hostile to men.

• Oh yeah? What country?

• I didn't mean a royal princess wise one >.>

• *done

• Whaaaatever troll, I said my piece.

• You aren't a princess because you are angry at your dating situation. If you were all that and a bag of chips you would have a man who treats you right, and you wouldn't have made this topic.

At least there are some guys who ask for your number, it's not exactly uncommon though. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get... if you keep up this attitude you're likely to become a late 30's single woman who will have learned that the hard way.

• I could get a boyfriend if I wanted one. That's not my problem. I am majoring in human biology. There's also nothing wrong with being single. I could care less if I don't ever meet anyone.

• Are you calling me stupid or the other people?

• I didn't explicitly say it.

• You sound like a girl that I'd gladly take a rejection from.

"Princess" Dafuq!

• *'Princess'

• So mature.

• *blows a kiss* Love ya really babes!

What Girls Said 13

• they're asking for your number so they can ask you on a date, and talk to you, and get to know you. i'm not sure why you're so confused about that.. they think you're attractive and want to get to know you more. maybe you look like their type. i can't even tell if you're trolling or not.. and with that attitude, i'm surprised guys even approach you. you're not a princess, you're a prissy little bitch.

• A lot of people say that about girls with confidence. Because I would NEVER put up with a guys bullshit. I'm not a bitch I just know my self worth.

• Everyone has different preferences. I'm not going to go on a date with a guy I know nothing about. My head might be stuck up my ass. But at least I have confidence. I'm done with this conversation.

• i wouldn't expect you to go on a date with a man you know nothing about. thats the entire point of him getting your number, so he can talk to you and text you or at least hang out. you're really stupider than you sound. i'm glad you're done with this conversation, because i can't even handle how idiotic you are anymore hahah

• Guys are guys, and being you have high regard for yourself, for there is nothing wrong in this, then you can have the pick of the crop and the Cream of the crop as well.
    Many of today's toms, if they feel they have even a shot at anyone good looking or have in mind Whatever their personal motive is, will come out of the wood work and yes----Ask for a number or even try to hook up. It's up to the individual what they want to do with them or About them.
    And of course, once in a relationship with someone you have chemistry with, the compromise and lines of communication swing both ways. And while you're at it, you would let them know that you are your own woman and not to be 'hogtied' by any guy.
    Good luck. xx

• Guys ask for your number because how else are they going to get to know you? You can't tell if someone is your type without talking to them, and that's what these guys are trying to do, build a connection and see if you are compatible. Life isn't a Disney movie where we are only approached by our Prince Charming, and you are certainly not a princess. You are a human being, a regular, ordinary person just like the rest of us plebeians, and just like us, you'll have to weed through many men before you find the one you want to spend your life with. There's nothing wrong with having standards; in fact, I applaud that you won't let a man control you, and that you desire independence. Just take care that you don't let these 'standards' fool you into thinking that you're better than someone else.

• I never said I was the type of girl who depended on a guy to do everything for me. I just have high standards. They could talk to me BTW. How do I know they aren't hackers, or just go around getting random girls numbers?

• Eh. I'm pretty comftorable up here. Why does me having confidence bother you? Because you're a hater. Do me a favor gfto

• Oh dear God in heaven, where did you see me attack your confidence? I said nothing but positive things about having confidence and having standards, until you somehow attempted to use them as excuses for your sense of inflated self worth and entitlement. I love how you can't stand criticism, and like all basic bitches, dismiss legitimate ideas as "hate." I don't hate you because I don't f*cking know you.

• Narcissism is strong in this one.

• I hope this was meant to be a joke? are you 8?

• some people just don't know how to do things the proper way. Hey it's not bad you think that's not the way they should ask... but "why do some guys even think they haveI've been asked plenty of times for my phone number just trying to get home by random strangers on the street. I just say "no" and move on.
    " why do some guys even think they have a chance with me?" comes off a little... conceded.

• But it's true. If you're not putting effort into me. Then don't even talk to me.

• I mean like being latin American that is very common, I see it everywhere. I don't appreciate it either. I'm just saying some guys don;t know what to do because well culturally this is what they were taught. what can you do? hey you don't have to do anything you are not intereseted therefore ignore.

• I do... I just wonder why they don't try to get to know me... must curious.

• Well I mean how else are they going to get to know you? lol

• I knew girl. But I'm talking about rude guys.

• Oh in that case, rude guys don't stand a chance with you Princess XD

• Lol. We're princess :-)

• When a guy asks a stupid question, everyone assumes he's trolling. When a girl asks a stupid question people say she's a stuck up bitch.

Please please please tell me you're trolling!

• Then how the hell guys should get to know you?

Thats how people get to know each other!! Asking numbers talking, then asking out!

" Im princess" lol wtf he should do?

Buy you a pink dress and roses?

• Ew. Pink, no I want a white dress. He could at least try to talk to me and build up a friendship before asking for my number. It's not that hard start a conversation with me. I don't bite.

• Now where is the expansive dinner? :O

• *gives you cookie*

• Haha You sound like Cartmann; "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!" You're the stuck up bitch version: "I AM A PRINSCHASS!"

• What if a random gentleman asks for your number?

• They ask for your number because they think you're attractive and want to spend time with you. You're never going to find a nice guy who's interested if you talk like you have here. You should be happy that men are interested. Some of us aren't as lucky.

• Um, good for you... Anyways if you read what I said I like nice guys who take the time to talk to me and not text. I was talking about never becoming a desperate girl who let's guys mistreat her.

• Trust me, I read every word.