Would you date someone who isn't the same religion as you?

Well, I think the heading pretty much narrows it down... what do you think?

do YOU think it can actually work?

Most Helpful Girl

• It has more potential to work in the short term rather than long term. Not to be the one who's pessimistic in their answer but religion typically divides classes of people into believer and non believer. As an Atheist I find Christians outright unattractive. But maybe I have more personality to not have in common with such an individual. Unless this is just a dating opportunity to hone your skills I'd say to not take the relationship too seriously. Friends are great, why not cultivate as many friendships as you can? I'd personally hold out until I found someone of like mind or who's irreligious.

Relationships are demanding and a topic like this it will eventually come up. Some people either way don't NEED or even want to have similar views, but it definitely makes it more smoothe. If you're still considering moving forward, I would broach the topic before you said anything about dating. In fact I'd say really hash it out. Maybe your views really are compatible?

In general, no.

What Guys Said 1

• Hmm well that really depends on how religious the people in question are. Personally I am not religious at all and would be willing to date anyone of any religion and respect them. However I have Jewish friends who are pretty hardcore about their religion and could probably only date one who was of the same. So I guess it would boil down to how much your religion means to you and the other person.

• So if the persons religion means a lot to them, but you believe nothing of it... would YOU still give them a chance? say that...you have a hell of a lot in common, except reigion...

• I agree with Lumanos... and if it meant a lot to them then I would still give them a chance...that I withink with most people would depend on how much you like them as well.

What Girls Said 5

• I would be open to dating someone of another religion.. But from seeing others in my family who have I know it can be a little difficult but if you love the person then its worth it.

• Yeah I'm Christian and I don't mind dating someone of a different faith.

• I would date someone who didn't believe in God but I wouldn't date someone who had a different religion such as jewish (example).

• i couldn't date anyone who takes religion too seriously.

• i think if the religion is like catholic christian it wouldn't be that hard and I wouldn't care

but if they were christian and buddist there might be some sacrifices both people need to make but I wouldn't let religion ruin a relationship

hope this helps******

• What if its christian and agnostic?