Is it okay to ignore guys texts? Or does that make me a bitch?

Okay. So, a few months ago a guy who is a year younger asked me out like three days after meeting me. And I knew right away that I didn't like him because he smoked weed a lot and he had really bad grammar and was immature.
So I just said yeah we can go to the movies as friends and I said it very politely and everything.
He was like "ok but I know we'll end up being something more." Wtf? No. He kept being SO PERSISTENT and I kept politely declining. He just texted me a few days ago saying hey after not talking for weeks. I ignored it.
Then this guy asked me out and he seemed so nice so we went out but he turned out to have a bad personality and kept touching my thigh during the movie and trying to be sexual with me.
After the date he texted and apologized. I accepted the apology but since then he's texted me twice saying hi and I've ignored them.

Another guy also did the same thing and texted me 30-40 times a day until I told him I wasn't interested. If I politely started a convo they'd try to get in my pants/go out with me PERSISTENTLY like they have been! I just think ignoring is easier than explaining that I am not interested for the tenth time! What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well. In your position, if you made it clear that you aren't interested then you don't have to give him any attention.

Answering the title too lol : In general, if you do not reply to a text msg, its impolite. Its common courtesy to always be responsive, but in your case, ignore them and block them.

What Guys Said 2

• If you have already explained you are not interested then ignore away! Take a hint guy

• They deserve an explicit rejection (like you've done) but after that you can ignore them.

• I didn't explicitly reject the guy I went out with but I'm not going to deal with that. He knows he ruined it

• you might have better luck with them leaving you alone if you do actually reject. that could be just saying hey i'm seeing someone. not saying they should be bugging you like this BUT an actual turn down as opposed to just ignoring will probably get you better results (& then there's no way at all to interpret it as a "bitchy" move)

What Girls Said 3

• They're being really pushy and inappropriate. As you already rejected them, and they're still trying to get in your pants, just don't answer or block them. You're in the right here.

• i would do the same thing. i don't think your being a bitch. if your not interested and you told them that and they keep texting you, you should just keep doing what your doing and find someone who will treat you with respect. :)

• Ignore and block!