"Clingy" - What does it really mean to you?

Please define clingy in your own words. I'm curious as to what people think it means. I personally am not bothered by someone who is "clingy" in the relationship because I think it means they want to talk to you all the time and want to see you all the time and I like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you're the center of their life. When their happiness seems to depend solely on you. When they fall apart if you take more than a few minutes to respond to a text.

I dated the sort of extreme version of a clingy boy. If I didn't respond to his texts right away, he'd text my mom asking where I was.

What Guys Said 5

• until you want to have your own life, hang out with your friends, and they flip their shit because you're not spending time with them. Yes, the idea of having someone completely and totally into you sounds pretty appealing. When reality hits, and they smother the shit out of you: not so cool.

• People needing you and depending on you isn't bad at all. Pretty sure everyone likes that. But clingy is like the negative, excessive form of that where the person is basically too obsessed with you.

• When their entire life revolves around you, you have no space or time for yourself. In the end, some one who causes a crap ton of stress.

• basically what its all about in a loving caring relationship is when someone wants to be with the significant other 24/7 and in some cases no matter what the situation may be, and its exactly what i want in a girlfriend she'll even bring me into the bathroom with her so she can't be away from me for a second and that would be an amazing girlfriend

• When they're ONLY about you. They have no life outside of you and always have to be tagging along. People need to have their privacy

What Girls Said 2

• a leech essentially lol.

someone who just sticks to you and depends on you for everything…
    they suck the life and positivity out of u, and they feed off ur emotions and stability because they dont hav their own.
    in a nutshell, theyre really annoying. to me anyway.

• To me clingy is when they're texting you 24/7, telling you how beautiful/handsome you are, constantly wanting to know what you're doing, who you're with, when you'll be home, etc. But I also believe there is different levels of clingy. For example, you have cute clingy, clingy, annoying clingy, and scary clingy. Cute clingy is juss saying I miss you, etc. Clingy is not leaving you alone. Annoying clingy is like the first two, but tens times worse. And scary clingy is when they know where you are but you didn't tell them, or they show up every where you go. That's clingy for me..