Being married and still finding people attractive?

Me and my husband do voice to eachother "she/he is hot" but it seems to me that most people just because their married thinks it's wrong to be attracted to someone.

I honestly don't think it's wrong, thoughts are just thoughts, what we do with those thoughts is what matters.

What do you think people of GaG?

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't bother me. I mean, I wouldn't want to share with my partner every single time I found another woman attractive, and I don't hear about it from her either. But I know it's gonna happen, and I'm ok with it.

It's like you said, if she's faithful to me and only wants to be with me, then I don't care if she thinks some other dude is physically attractive.

What Guys Said 9

• There is nothing wrong with finding anything attractive. I do think though that if you take a covetous position like, "I would if I could", then that is very bad. It will be just a matter of time before opportunity presents itself that you do. But "look/fantasize about/whatever but don't touch, and don't plan to touch" is ok in my book.

I really don't buy into the gnostic/stoic views that any reaction at all is a bad one.

• Same here. Marriage shouldn't make people blind or make them wear horse blinders.

• Nothing wrong with it, people are still going to find other people attractive even when their married. I think as long as either person doesn't harp on about every person they find hot coz that would get annoying, then i think its normal even healthy.

• We're married, not dead.

• No I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all

• I hate it. But attractions happen. It's what we do with the attraction that matters.

• That's terrible. When you're married you're supposed to only want your Husband/Wife. You shouldn't be looking at other people at all. You must not love each other. You will burn in hell.

• As long as you/he, doesn't do anything about it, it's OK to be attracted to other people. We're all human

• Kids and naive youngsters think when you get married, you should never find anyone else attractive ever again.

They are the sorts of fools who can see "looking at someone" as "cheating".

You're a sensible grown up and so is your husband.

What Girls Said 4

• Nothing wrong with it. When I am in relationship I find different people attractive too. I am not gonna cheat or sth. Should I tie my eyes? LOL

• its ok to find other people attractive as long as u don't cross that line

• It's normal to be attracted to other people, but most people don't want to hear their significant other mention it.

• Physical attractions are common, mental connection is rare ;)