Should I ask a guy out if I really like him?

There is this new guy in my university that I find really cute. he's French, and he is the only french guy I know here (I'm french as well). it is nice to see him around and speak french to him, and I feel like he kinda likes me too. but I can't really tell if I really like him, or I'm just really home sick and that's why I'm suddenly intrested to date him. I never asked a guy out, absolutely never, and I have no clue how to do it.
any Idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, in my humble opinion, it's better to ask and see where it goes rather than not and never getting anything out of life. As for being scared of rejection, yeah, that's a thing that can happen whenever you ask someone out. "Le beurre et l'argent du beure", n'est-ce pas. That being said, if he does indeed like you, he shouldn't shoot you down outright (except if he's even more scared than you).

Also, here are my two cents on a first date: movie+dinner, in that order. That's the perfect combo because you'll be sure to have a topic to discuss during the dinner. And be flirtatious only if you feel like it, don't force anything.

What Guys Said 5

• Just ask him in a frank manner like "Hey, wanna grab some coffee together?"
    It's 21 century buddy, it's not like who asks whom first :P

• I'm not against it, but I have never done it before. and now I really wanna do it, but I guess I'm too shy. or I'm scared he's gonna reject me or something. and btw, I'm horrible in first dates usually :D

• lol that's why I suggested to ask him for a Coffee :P
      because it won't make you seem weird to him.
      Most guys like shy girls actually cuz I know I do ^_^

• Life is too short to worry about gender role, if something is not illegal just do it. Worst thing that can happen is he says no. If he says no you just hold your head high and walk away and say NEXT

• Definitly ask him out I had a girl ask me out and was just like "you wanna do something this weekend" try that worked for her

• Just ask him out and tell him that if he says yes you'll give him loads and loads of blowjobs.

• "wanna go out sometime?" That's all it really takes. That's the over simplified version though. I realize girls like to get fancy with it

• ... and yes, you kind of answered your own question, you're most like homesick. You've no idea if this guy's an axe murder or not. How do you know you ALREADY like him?

What Girls Said 1

• Only do it if you're at least 95% sure that he likes you.

• What why?
      Thats just stupid.

How are you supposed to learn and grow if you only play the "safe" cards all your life?

If all girls think like this its not the slightest bit strange that sexism exists or that men are usually in charge.

But still, I dont blame a gender for it. It all has to do with how you're raised after all.

• I can't be sure about that! but I can find out if I ask him I guess.

• Don't blame an issue as broad as sexism on girls not asking guys out. I'm just looking out for the QA. Of course all guys are going to say she should ask because these guys wish they never had to ask and wish that girls would throw themselves at them. Meanwhile they haven't considered the negative implications (because as guys they don't care). Hopefully she really did only ask him if she was 95% sure. If she didn't, hopefully he had the guts to ask her out.