Would anybody want to date me?

Would anybody want to date a girl who is depressed?

Also I try really hard not to seem depressed but its difficult

Most Helpful Guy

• I might date someone who's depressed, but more often than not, I'd flat out reject her.

People who are depressed are not that different from any other, we have our ups and downs. But it would suck if I'm in a cheerful mood for most times, and most times end up being dragged down by you being in a bad mood and not having any solution for a problem that is not clearly defined. In other words, I'm inheriting your depression.

However, if I find a sophisticated girl who's just had some bad luck, but she's got the ability to get back on her feet, I'd be with her every step of the way. But I fucking hate people who don't fucking lift a fucking finger to get back on their feet and just expect randoms to do all the heavy lifting. IT PISSES ME OFF. IT JUST DOES.

• Depression sucks, but you've got to take a proactive step into helping yourself.

• I can try that.

• 4 maxims from a guy your age who 5 centuries ago:

"The first was never to accept anything for true which I did not clearly know to be such; that is to say, carefully to avoid precipitancy and prejudice, and to comprise nothing more in my judgment than what was presented to my mind so clearly and distinctly as to exclude all ground of doubt.

The second, to divide each of the difficulties under examination into as many parts as possible, and as might be necessary for its adequate solution.

The third, to conduct my thoughts in such order that, by commencing with objects the simplest and easiest to know, I might ascend by little and little, and, as it were, step by step, to the knowledge of the more complex; assiging in thought a certain order even to those objects which in their ow nature do not stand in a relation of antecedence and sequence.

And the last, in every case to make enumerations so complete and reviews so general, that I might be assured that nothing was omitted."

What Guys Said 6

• Are you hot? :D

I'm kidding. It's difficult. Yeah, if I had or got a connection with a girl, who happened to be depressed, and I was attracted to her, sure.

Someone smart said, that sex is easy. Being truly naked, exposing your fears, hope, dreams - and in your case depression - is something different and it takes courage.

Personally, I find people to be more honest and somehow more beautiful, when they actually react to the world around them with true emotion, or just a true reaction, which can sometimes be the absence of any emotion, in the case of depression. I know from experience.

There are probably a million guys who would want to date you - depression or not. Just make sure you find one who has a good heart. Nothing can be more healing, especially in the case of depression, than a pure, loving connection shared between two humans.

Also, depression can be helped in a number of ways. None of them involve taking pharmaceutical anti-depressants.

• it depends. describe yourself a little?

• I'm blonde with blue eye. Never really been noticed much before. Love cooking but haven't been able to eat lately. Personality I'm a really loving person, kind.

• if you read what Willow4 said, she makes much sense

• Yeah, its great to make someone happy. I dated a few girls in my life who were depressed when he dated.
    Sometimes all we need when sad, is something else to forget the pain. or, someone else.
    Still, leave all the ice cream and Adele, and go find something to make you happy in this life.
    knowing the reason you r the way ya r, it would be easier to help, but as I don't, thats all I can say for now
    Wish all luck for ya, dear

• Maybe you would feel better if you had a partner to love you
    i know i have always been having issues with Bipolar , Anxiety
    Schizo-affective disorder but i always managed some way
    to help others who need to talk, discuss things over

• I would. I understand depression, been through it so I wouldn't mind dating a depressed girl and helping her out with it.

• yes depends, if she's depressed because she needs/wants a boyfriend to love her and have sex and i would make her happy.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it really does depend to be honest. I've been very depressed and had 3 men that have seemed to like me enough to stick around for longer than 2 seconds lol. Nobody wants to date somebody who wallows in their troubles and problems and doesn't want or show any willingness to improve. However, we're all human and things happen in life that make you depressed and it's not your fault. Often other people can see your beauty even when you're so unhappy you can't see any value in yourself.
    If you can show a guy that you're trying your best with your depression he will not only see your beauty but see your strength and a strong woman is a woman you want beside you. Try if you can to see the good parts of yourself, inside and out, and when you can see them guys will be able to see them too.
    Don't let your depression keep you covered up from the world because guys WILL want to date you, just give them the reason they need :)

Good luck and I hope you can start to see a light at the end of your tunnel very soon :)

• Doubt it.
    If you can't find anything to be happy about, then no one else is going to feel happy when they're around you either...
    You should probably work on this. I know it's clinical, not something you just make up, but a psychologist, a change of scenery or people around you and maybe medication will help.

More exercise, fresh air, healthier diet, a hobby that really makes you happy. - VERY IMPORTANT THINGS

(if you don't love yourself, no one else will)