My new boyfriend thinks I'm physically active and in good shape which is not true, what do I do?

i used to work out regularly but in the last 2 years i haven't done like anything at all... i've gained a lot of weight and, in fact, really out of shape at the moment... it's not like i never try to start again but it's not that easy. i've managed to keep up appearances that i'm still very active and working out regularly.

i met my new boyfriend through mutual friends. i never lied him about training a lot, but recently he started to ask about my work outs and if i'd like to train together. he said he's really impressed i'm working out so much and eventually it will affect on my weight!! he also said he could never be together with someone who's not into active lifestyle. he has heard about my fake training from someone else and no i don't know what to do. if we go together he'll notice i'm not able to run even a mile or do anything at gym etc. then he'll think i've lied :( i never lied to him, i just wanted my other friends to think i'm not lazy :/

Most Helpful Guy

• My new boyfriend thinks I'm physically active and in good shape which is not true, what do I do?
    Just smile and tell him you can bench press 275 pounds.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be honest with him and workout with him. Him helping you get back in shape maybe good for both of you.

What Girls Said 1

• just start training with him. So what if you can't do everything right away like you used to. He will probably be happy with the effort.