Can a guy in highschool wait for a girl for 6 years?

I guess It's kind of impossible, like one in a million, right?
I posted this question in yahoo website, but I think I might find a help here too :)
so the story is, I'm not allowed to date!, but I fell for this guy and we've been in a relationship for a year, but a week ago, my older sister found out that I'm dating, and she forced me to break up with him, telling me it's not a good age to fall in love, and high school love doesn't last, and gave me a lot of examples about her old friends in highschool !, and she told me, that If he actually wants me, he must wait 6 years, untill we graduate from college
6 years, he might date a million girls, or fall in love with a dozen :\
I trust him, he loves me so much, he gave me an amzaing year in my mesrible life, but no one knows what happens in 6 years
we talked today, he told me " It's hard for me to wait 6 years without you, can't talk to you, can't see you, it's too hard, I want to wait, I'll try my best to bear it, what in my heart can't be erased "
and he asked me to at least be friends, but to be honest, I don't think my sister will actually accept something like that!

I wan't somebody to actually tell me what to do, opinions, anything, I need help, I'm so tired, I can't eat, sleep, stop thinking
the problem is, I really can't get away from the idea, that I really want to marry him, and he gave me all the reasons to be like this
I don't want illusions, I want someone to just talk to me, tell me what to do

Most Helpful Girl

• No, this is YOUR life, and if you want to date him DO IT... my sister married her High School sweetheart, they've been together 11 years now, and have an adorable daughter. Just because it doesn't work out for some people, doesn't mean it won't work out for you. If you leave him because your sister told you too and not because you wanted to... you will regret it for a LONG time.

And if it doesn't work out in the long run... and least you gave it a Chance!

I am telling you that if you really care for this guy, get him back!!!

What Guys Said 5

• dating in high school isn't really that unusual , I don't think many people would wait 6 years to date someone that is a long time and other dating options will appear. but people do wait to date someone but usually shorter periods of time like under a year or maybe longer depending on situation or age of person they want to date

• I had hope, that sometimes people wait, I know some people who actually did, but It's one in a million as I said before

• Your sister says you have to break up because high school love doesn't last? Well no it doesn't last if she freaking breaks you up! You should still see him. Why should your sister stop it? Honestly, if you don't see him for 6 years you will lose each other. Both of you will drift apart. Six years is very long time, especially for someone your age.

• and even for older people, it's way too long
      and I know it's at least the last year of high school, and he'll move on!
      I'll talk to her again, maybe It'll do this time

• You just have to know that it might not last, but you never know - enjoy it as much as you can

• I know, that what actually breaks my heart, thank you :)

• Its no doubt that your guy will probably be upset about the whole situation, but if he really LOVES you (notice how I say love and not really like) then he might actually wait.

• sorry, I didn't get what you mean with (notice how I say love and not really like) !

• If he really likes you, then he won't wait, but if he truly LOVES you with a passion, he might actually wait.

• Oh, yes, I get it now, thankk you

• Its not impossible, but really really really unlikely to happen

• I do have to agree with your sister on this one sweetie. High school relationships do not last very long, that is a fact. At most, they last a few years, but after high school, it is over. She is wise and keeping you safe, both from being sexually used and being heartbroken.
    Now, one thing I do not agree with is the 6 year rule. I say as long as you and your partner are 18 and a high school graduate, there should not be any problems.

What Girls Said 5

• My advice is when you reach adulthood and get to college, lie your ass off and date him or whoever else you want to anyway. Emotional development is important, once you're grown, your family doesn't need to be in your business.

• I'm few moths away from 18 !
      but I don't actually want to disobey my family!, I'm not daddy's girl, but I just respect them

• well right now I'm trying to handle my situation, but I keep failing, It'll take a long time to actually deal with it

• It certainly will.

• What your family says is pure bullshit. They can't stop you from loving who you love and can't make you do something you don't want to do. Yes, they can enforce it, but that doesn't mean it will work. You need to take a stand and tell them why you want to be with this boy. Make them see reason, that it isn't their decision whether you should be able to date this guy. Love is for you to decide, not anybody else.

• I know, I said that already, but they keep reapeting that I'm young, we know more, we've seen more, and a lot of high school love stories didn't actually last, and I've seen a lot of that happened, they can't force me not to love, but they can actually forece me not to date

• I wish you the best of luck in your relationship

• thank you ^^

• Once you're 18 it's your life, date whoever you want

• No, he won't wait six years. Six years is a long time. I had a friend was 16 expecting her overage boyfriend to wait two years for her. He didn't even wait a month.
    I think that once you're out of high school, you should be able to date whoever.

• Same thing is happening to me, but I am really good at hiding it. My sister figured out, and I made her meet the guy. She likes him a lot, so she promised not to tell. In Highschool I feel like everyone is pretty immature about dating. If he really seems a mature guy, then he might wait for you. Six years is a long time though. I don't know It's possible if you really believe your two's love is worth it.

• I was super good at hiding it, but my sister, she said it's impossbile for girls not to feel something like that, he's so mature to be honest, but my sister keeps telling me I'm too young to fall in love, or to be engaged, she doesn't want me to just date, they want something that ends up with marriage

• If he really is mature, then maybe you can ask your sister to meet him? I don't know my boyy is so charming, &everyone likes him so it wasn't too hard to get my sister to like him. My sister , and I are really close; she is 4 years older than me, so like if your sister is way older or you aren't that close then It may not work. If you are really close to your sister, then tell her about him. Sisters understand. Even if you think that your sister is such a goody two shoes, or if you think she's gonna be judgmental go for it. Make her meet him.