Tips for regaining the motivation to date?

Back in High School, and up until recently, I used to fantasize about showing up at the door with flowers, sweeping her off her feet in some way, and romantic stuff like that.

After a few recent relationships and other drama, I just don't seem to have the motivation and drive I once had. Libido? Sure.

Now I feel uninterested in constantly trying to keep a girl's interest. And sometimes I feel like formalities like opening doors and paying are just me being played. But I feel like without these things, I'm too dull on the exterior to keep someone's attention.

Not to mention the fact that it seems like girls are more often put-off by signs of interest. Sometimes it's frustrating, and other times I really don't blame them, but hearing "next time a guy calls me cute, I'm going to hand him scissors and demand he cut off his balls" just seems like an irrational hatred of male attention. And when it's "prove to me you aren't entirely an asshole", I don't feel the need to waste my time to be told I'm an idiot for trying.

But this doesn't match up with where I see myself in the future, and I don't remember being the one uninterested.

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't want to then don't. Don't push yourself to do something you're not ready for

What Guys Said 0