Why do men worry what other guys think of the girl they choose to be with? Do you care?

It seems more and more males, especially in the 17-30 yr range cares only about having a 10 or a dime as a girlfriend even if they are attracted to someone else more. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly couldn't say, as I've never done that. When I'm with a girl, it's because she makes me happy, and I enjoy being with her. Sure, there's an element of physical attractiveness involved, but that's a secondary concern compared with whether we connect on a mental and emotional level.

As far as for why other guys do it, I imagine that it is a testiment to their emotional immaturity to have a woman that they can "show off". Dating a woman strictly based upon whether she is a nine or a ten would most likely be (in my opinion) because they are shallow. They probably want to be able to show her off to their friends like a trophy, and thus gain "status" with their friends for "bagging the hot chick".

There are a lot of immature men out there that validate their self worth on the physical attractiveness of their mate over the prospect of having a long and happy future together. Other immature men see them with a bottle and get jealous, thus raising that man's perceived status.

I'm just guessing, but that's the way I see it.

What Guys Said 8

• The bragging rights to say that you're fucking a hot chick on a regular basis. Plus when you're with your boys, we're all saying, "Oh, I wouldn't lower myself to bang some fat chick." So when they meet someone they really like, and they've spent years making fun of that kind of woman, they can't just pull up with one on their arms.

• What's more important? Being with someone who can satisfy you or someone who's hot?

• Basically you're saying you're too insecure to just be with who's best for you because you need your friends to stroke your ego right?

• if my best friend told me, that the girl i am with is a bitch and not good for me and suggests to titch her, then i´d think about i know he won´t say it without a reason. other than that i don´t care, i only listen to what i myself find attracted, if that what´s you were going for.

• Yes I'm talking strictly physical appearance. Like if a guy loved being with a girl but would never take her around his friends because she's not up to their standards.

• if i find a girl attractive, i find her attractive xD i don´t give a shit if my friends find her ugly. though usually my taste is not that far apart from the taste of my friends so it´s unlikely to happen.

• Yeah I don't really get it. I've never asked a single one of my buddies what they thought about a girl I was dating or with. I just don't care what they think, and if they'd had anything bad to say it wouldn't have gone over well anyways. LOL

• Good to know not all are like that.

• Lol go figure!

• Haha yup!

• If I have a girlfriend its because I care about her and want to spend time with her, not to show off to my friends or the public like a fancy car.

• Thank you for addressing the comparisons of women to cars, fishing or hunting. I'm actually kinda disgusted by those comments.

• Its life, guys are competitive by nature, and some just like bragging rights or any excuse to try and validate their masculinity. Your welcome though.

• No fucks shall be given if I like her.

• My girlfriend is not conventionally "hot" by media standards (skinny, flawless skin, etc.), but to me, she's an 11 out of 10. She has a pretty face and great smile, but it's her personality that won me over. She's just a beautiful person overall.

• That's life. We want someone we can be proud walking around with. Having a dumpy girlfriend is like driving a POS car or working a crud job. It's embarrassing.

• I'm not saying you shouldn't be attracted to your mate. Females want that too. I'm talking about taking what your friends think into consideration for who you date. Females don't do that. We date who we like and are attracted to regardless of what others think.

• Ah, so it's not as sad as your face. :D Excellent!

• You don't even make sense.

• Im honestly just not a jealous guy never have been.

• Ok but how does that apply to the question I asked

• Well then you totally pegged it because guys like that give no value at all to the women in their lives.

• Yuppers.

What Girls Said 4

• I think girls are the same way. I know personally when I went on a couple of dates with this one guy, I kept thinking what his friends would think of me and stuff. I think both people tend to over think things at the start of the relationship when in actuality things are really simple and straightforward. Of course there is always a guy/girl with douche friends that judge someones date but I don't care for their opinion anyway and neither should you and if your guy uses that against you in a relationship, this should be a white flag to end it right there. You don't want a wimp who can't stand up for himself or you, this actually guarantees a failed relationship.

• You wondered what his friend thought not what your friends thought of him. Not what I'm talking about. I've never had to seek approval of who I'm dating. In fact 75% of people I know don't approve of who I date because it's out if my race but I don't care because I like him

• That's the spirit :) I think you should date a guy because you really like him and not because people agree/disagree with it. I won't deny that what others think does have a slight influence (miniscule amount) but in the end of the day I choose to be with that person because he makes me happy and I wouldn't want it any other way.

• I agree with this but a lot of female care what their friends think too all the time, when a guy cares what his friends think though it's honestly the number 1 turn off ever and i won't even think twice about him because his friends are obviously judgmental pricks who judge me only on my apperance and then when they discoer a "hot" girl is not so great they then complain... it really annoys me... and because of this pact mentalitiy they say a lot of nasty things about me too, this whole "wing man" thing is ridiculous... i used to have a friend who asked me what i thought about guys she dated and i honestly told her i don't know because it's up to her to decide but she kept asking me every time. Soon as i see a guy ask his friends what they think about me that "seemed" interested i walk off straight away because i'm honestly insulted when they don't even know me lol then they wonder why i walked off and then his friends then say stuff like "she probably knew she was a bitch" :\ not impressed guys... and fellow females have this same pack mentality and judge a book by it's cover too. Not impressed with humanity overal any more really.

• I don't understand this either. I understand that people don't want to be embarrassed by if you're not gonna date someone solely based on the fact that your friends don't like them (& probably over a stupid reason such as looks/image) then that's kinda sad.

• I think its because they are too sensitive in recieving opinion/criticism/judgement from other people.. they can't accept or tolerate negative comments from others well and it affects their ego... its sad that they feed their ego to gain positive feedbacks than to follow to whom their heart beats..
    and I think those who put much attention about the opinion of others regarding their partner are with or having low self esteem..