Does physical appearance matter in dating?

You say your curvy, they say what size are you its a pretty offensive thing to ask. Does physical appearance play an important role in dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it matters. Why wouldn't appearance matter? Don't tell me it doesn't matter to you, because we all have standards.

There are all sorts of shapes of women, and many of them claim to be curvy, so the word curvy ends up meaning nothing to guys. Dress size is a little harder for morbidly obese women to lie to themselves about.

What Guys Said 8

• It matters, but it shouldn't matter too much. I just got off the phone with a girl who was dating a guy who had NOTHING in common with her. If you go back 3 months ago, she claimed that it was "Love at first site." That's because he was attractive and his parents bought him things.

Don't put too high of a value on physical appearance. It changes faster then you'd think.
    And remember... Nature gave women the short end of the stick in many ways :)
    So don't be shallow.

• It can make a difference yes, dating someone that looks like Quasimodo would probably be tough for most people. Appearance is part of the way we check for compatibility, reproduction, and general health. Also body language says a ton which falls under appearance. Many people would say it doesn't matter but it really does have some bearing on relationships. Also what looks appealing depends highly on the individual and culture.

• Yeah, but I don't expect her to be a supermodel. As long as she's fat, I don't care what her body type is. As long as she is somewhat cute, that's good enough for me physical appearance wise.

• Appearance is usually the first step. In selecting someone although it isn't always the case.

• Yup. Physical attraction is important for everyone.

• Yes it does. Men are visual creatures. And we like to see a woman with nice assets. Would I ask her sizes? no, that would be plain rude.

• Obviously it matters LOL!

• Yes it does. Wording is sneaky and one person's opinion of curvy is another person's definition of overweight.

What Girls Said 6

• Definitely with First impression... You don't want to go on a dinner in your finest dress with a guy who is just... just not appropriately dressed or doesn't even look nice.

But hey beauty fades with age so later on you get comfortable and relaxed

basically I think that its only the first impressions/dates that matter

• Yeah it does have an effect at certain extent. But later you have to provide more, rather than your look. Otherwise attraction disappears.

• yes it does. both men and women are visual creatures.

• Attraction is important

• It certainly does

• Yes, yes it does matter.