Is it wrong for a 22 year old and 16 year old to go out?

Well me and this lad have been talking for months now and been meeting up. We are kinda with each other last night he told me he loved me is it wrong because I'm 16 and his 22? Is he just useing me? I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Although people might find it odd and some might look down on you and him, if you aren't a minor where you live then it isn't 'wrong'.

That being said, i think he could be using you. Guys dont throw around the love word that easily, especially before a relationship is even official. Id be very careful if i were you, young girls get used so often but its a good sign that you're questioning this, shows that you're one of the smart ones.

What Guys Said 6

• Do you like waiting till the court imposed restraining order expires just to see him in jail? Find out what your state's age of consent laws are.

• I'm not sure if you're in America or not based on your use of the word "lad", but not only is it wrong here, it's also illegal. So if the thought of a cell block excites you, sure go ahead and keep dating him lol. But if you don't live here, I would check the laws to make sure you don't end up in mess.

• Personally I don't find anything that wrong with it if you two are both consenting. However, by law it's considered illegal, are you willing to risk punishment of your BF over this?

• Completely wrong and possibly illegal depending on where you live.

• Yes, thats awkward as fuck

• 0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It happens all the time, so it is "normal" by definition. There is no universal definition for "wrong" though, so your question is impossible to answer.

• At 16, you have so much time in your life to meet guys. I wouldn't date someone who is 22. You're at completely different stages in life and I don't think it's a good idea.

• Yes, don't do it.