Good cook or expensive dinner?

To all you women... I dated a girl for a few months about 10 years ago. It never ended on bad terms so we remained friends. However I just landed a date with her this weekend. So my question is would you rather have a guy cook a meal for you or would you rather have him drop a hundred dollars at a nice restaurant? By the way, I've been told by numerous people that I'm a great cook.

Most Helpful Girl

• A good cook for sure. I'd feel bad having him pay a hundred dollars on a dinner to be honest lol. And the effort is sweet.

• That's what I figured. Thanks for the advice. This is kinda big deal to me so I don't want to screw it up.

What Girls Said 19

• Cooking for her is a sweet gesture, but it's also very intimate. On the other hand $100 dinner also seems pretty excessive for a first date, which is basically what this is since it's been 10 years. I would do a cozy little restaurant that will maybe cost $50.

• Even though its been ten years, we have always hung out and her family is friends of my family. As far as intimate, we had sex several times back when we dated so it's not about intimate. Just want her to see that I want a sincere relationship and that she is special to me.

• That changes things, cook for her for sure.

• Opinion appreciated.

• Cook for her! Home cooked meals are always more amazing esp if you're trying to win her back!

• There is nothing hotter than a man who cooks for me. And I truly mean it my friend. Now I am melting****

• It's quite charming to see that a guy is actually putting effort to make you something.. Same way if he takes you out for dinner. I don't think there's a difference to be honest, either way is fine.

• I like both either way

• A good cock for me please. I meant, a good cook fro me please. I meant, a good cock who is a good cook for me please. Ugh. Now it's right.

• I'm all for the latter. If I do cook for her you can bet there will be a very sexy atmosphere included. You know, the whole candle lights with some mellow tunes in the background. Even have a bottle of bubbly on hand.

• Way too romantic for me! :P

• Just imagine the anticipation built up from all that romance though. Then dessert might get a bit messt lol.

• I could go either way, sometimes girls like to be treated to a nice dinner. But for me if a guy cooks a nice meal that's a winner!

• Cook for you definitely.

• I'd rather have a guy cook for me.

• That's what I'm thinking also. Anyone can take their date to a nice restaurant. Not everybody puts forth the effort to cook for their date. I think it will stimulate her senses so to say. Show her that this date is important to me.

• Good cook definitely and it's more intimate

• The best dinner ever, when a guy cook for a girl, a date. You earn points everytime.

• Eating in is always better in my opinion

• Cook a meal

• i would rather have the guy cook for me it just seems way more romantic

• I rather go out to eat

• Depends on the person. If she feels loved when you buy her things, do the expensive dinner. If she's the type of person who feels loved when you take time out of your day for her, go with the home cooked meal, especially since you can cook. Generally, I think girls would prefer a home cooked meal, I would.

• I would rather have the guy cook the meal

• I would personally find it really cute if he cooked dinner. It would show his soft side and that he cares. Even if he's not good at cooking id love it.

• I would absolutely die from a love overload if a man cooked me a nice dinner :) It's so sweet and romantic :))

• That wouldn't be good. If you died then he would have cooked for nothing lol haha.

• hahaha yeah you're right lol..

What Guys Said 2

• If it were me, I'd cook for her. It's a far more meaningful gesture, I think, and you get to spend more time together this way. Plus you get to share a part of yourself with her, and you can also feed her.

• Wow, really? I thought eating out would be more preferred.

I'm... SO glad I know how to cook now.