Have you ever been really attracted to a girl or liked her a lot, but never approached her or talked to her? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely! Every damn day of high school and often after that. I never had any confidence with girls. And I never had anyone to help me with advice. No one I trusted, anyway. I had no problem being friends, but putting myself out there as available was just too difficult. The possibility of being rejected was just too frightening. I can accept not having the qualifications for a job or failing to get a good grade, but romantic rejection felt like a denial of me, as a person. Still does, to be honest.

The word "friendzone" has been beaten to death recently, and it has taken on some poor connotations due to some guys that can't accept responsibility for their actions, but for me, and a number of our friends, it was what happened when we failed to make it clear that we were available and interested. Now, I also had a friend that made it very clear on a number of occasions, but always picked girls that thrived on being worshipped by guys that can't have them. Too all those reading this, that is a horrible thing to do to a person, guy or girl.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you girls are very intimidating. And there are a lot of guys that just don't realize that we are pretty intimidating too. Some of us just never really figured out how to get over that, or have been hurt and rejected too many times to try it any more. Maybe it's the same for the girls too, but I've never been one, so I can't say for sure. ;-)

What Guys Said 9

• Many times. Sometimes it's apparent they are in a relationship, or they're with what appears to be family. Other times the chances of success are basically zero, and I'd rather enjoy the fantasy a little while longer than have it abruptly ended.

Everyone talks about "fear of rejection" as if you would have succeeded if only you had the confidence to approach her, when the reality for most men is that they *are* going to get rejected. You're saving yourself the disappointment or even embarrassment (if she reacts particularly negatively), and her the need to come on GAG and complain about guys she's not interested in hitting on her all the time.

• I don't think I can "like a girl a lot" if I've never talked to her. There are pretty girls I've never talked to, sure, but that's usually because I'm not a particularly sociable person. Even if a girl is super attractive, I'd probably prefer just to hang by myself because I know myself better than that.

• Out of my league more often then naught. I'm extremely nervous about approaching women if I don't know them. If I know them and know I won't get turned away just because they might think i'm ugly or distasteful or I actually have a deep liking for them (which wouldn't occur by just seeing them anyway) then I have no problem approaching them in a romantic/(depends on the girl) sexual way.

• I know this is merely an excuse to justify our losses. But its fear of rejection.

To me, most of the time its either their appearances and social status that intimidated me. We thought that we would not be a match to her :/.

• I am a very self-effacing individual. I don't really like to be in the spotlight. My crush, however, stands out a lot, and is liked by a lot of people.

• i have today, but it was at the gym and i dont want to seem like a sleaze. ah i should of just talked to her

• I'm pretty sure every guy that has ever has a boner can say yes to this question.

Why I didn't approach her though? I'm not currently interested in a relationship, I want to get my own life on track first before I bring another person into my personal life.

• Yes, when I was younger. Basically I knew I didn't have a chance then anyway.

• Yes, either they were with a guy or, there was too much of an age gap.

• same reasons girls dont approach guys

What Girls Said 1

• I asked my boyfriend why he didn't approach me in high school when he first saw me and he said I looked like a bitch, and most girls that are pretty like me are super stuck up -_-
    I call bullshit. Hhaha