What do you feel when you are single and you see happy couples?

I've never had a boyfriend and im 22.. i get kinda sad when i see other couples.. and not knowing how it feels to have that kind of love.
I've always been used to be alone and independant so the thought of having someone else scares me..

I dont know if im the relationship type of person.. like i have to think about another persons need than me.. am i ready for that..

Most Helpful Guy

• I say good for them! I hope they are both truly happy with one another and that they'll bring out the best in one another! At the same I feel lonely cause it's something that I want. I just got out of a relationship and breakups suck they aren't fun and as much as I hurt some days it slowly gets better. I don't regret past relationships because at some point I was happy, it reminds me that they are real and there's someone out there for everyone that wants one. I just hope my next one is as good or better than the last one and that I learn and grow from failed ones

What Guys Said 8

• Elliot Rodger used to lose his temper every time he saw a couple. At first he used to cry, then he started getting more violent by throwing drinks at them and then later - bullets.

Um... I've been single for years and now, it feels all the time. I kind of don't care because eventually given any relationship, you're just going to have your freedom pinched away. Objects in the mirror appear larger than they actually are.

• First thing I used to feel was disgust. You know, the whole why can't I have that and why do they deserve to be happy and not me. Now I welcome happiness and joy where ever I see it. If it happens for me great, if not tomorrow is another day.

• I feel Awesome because I am Awesome!

• A lonely sad jealousy... wishing i could feel love again.

• Very lonley

• its sad listening to love songs knowing you dont have anyone to love..

• St wish it wasn't so hard finding someone. Usually im okay with being single but latley its been getting to me.

• im at peace with the fact no girl will ever like me

• What do you feel when you are single and you see happy couples?
    Hmmm, I wonder how long they'll end up staying together... Especially if they are 10 years younger than me and perhaps even married.

-I just hope you end up meeting someone just like myself because I feel the same way as you.

• Why do you feel the same way as i?

• I am almost 32 and have never had a girlfriend. Yeah, ^_^ I feel the same way. Men and women should have the... "we are stuck out in the middle of nowhere, perhaps on a island somewhere, just us 2" kind of feeling. Also going on dates, why can't we just take a walk or drive somewhere, why does it have to be an expensive restaurant, perhaps I don't have the money anyways to do that or buy a expensive gift.

-I'm a Christian guy who simply wants a Christian girl and has Christian beliefs. I mean us 2 for instance, we make a life together, get married, have kids, have fun and do what we want and enjoy. To make a long story short.

• i see your point!

• Makes me want to burn their house and kick their dog

What Girls Said 5

• I feel kinda sad and envious. I wish that could be me with someone special... I then think that one day it will be me... hopefully...

• That it's nice to see people in love. I don't get sad because I don't need to be in love with another person to be happy.

• Well i dont either i feel im very fulfilled being alone but i think I've spendt so long focusing only on me that i dont even know how it is to be with another.. if you get my point?

• It takes time. But always be open to possibilities. :)

• When I'm single and see happy couples I'm not ashamed to say I get a little bitter. I have been in two serious relationships my whole life, my first one lasted 2 years and it turned out he was cheating on me the whole time. The second one ended recently and only after 3 months. When I see happy couples I always think why can't I find someone to be that happy with? or Why can't my relationships work out?

• I feel so bad and so envious :(

• I get jealous at first, wishing that it was me, and then I get sad and long to share that kind of love with someone else