Girls would you ever date a guy that had a kid?

I'm just wondering if girls generally speaking see guys who have a kid as a turn off or anything. I try to a very good dad to my child but I do worry that some girls might not want anything to do with me. I've been single for a very long time but I'm looking again now and apprehensive about how it might effect my chances of finding someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing sexier than a guy who pulls up next to me at a traffic light, turns and smiles and drives away with a car seat poking up over the back seat in his rear window. Something about daddy says so so sexy.

What Girls Said 13

• If I was in my 30s too, I'd consider it. I love children :) At the age of 20, though, I feel too young to have a child. Although of course you'll be looking for a woman your own age?

• im really really lonely so I'm not super concerned about age

• Oh, one of the kids I nanny is 9. That's a nice age :) Girl or boy?
      (That's alright, sometimes my phone mucks up too.)

• I have a daughter your parents must be proud of there's you seem awfully nice

• I know a lot of women that see having a child as sexy, especially if he's kind and playful with his kid! Seeing a man who is sensitive and sweet is very appealing, and how he treats children can say a lot about him as a person!
    I personally would not date someone with a child, but that's only because I do not want children in general - Then again, there's always exceptions, so who knows!

• If I was older and I if I knew how to deal with children, then yes. But, since I'm young and not good with kids, I have to say no.
    It would be hard for me.

• It would not be a total deal breaker for me. I think it would be hard to get used to since I don't have any kids of my own and I'm not totally ready to be a mom/stepmom yet. But it wouldn't stop me from getting to know someone better if there was an initial interest. And on the other end, I think it would actually be a turn on if the guy I liked was a great dad.

• Ideally, not until I'm past 25 (I'm 20) . I feel like a kid still myself but, if you are actually an older guy I don't see it as a big deal really.

• No because I hate kids and don't want any of my own so me dating someone who already has one just wouldn't work out.

• If your a good dad which you state you are i dont think it would bother women. It shows that you are mature and take care of your responsibilities! HOWEVER the problem you may have it women thinking that it will come along with too much drama, such as your baby mother still around. Who may cause problems. As long as you have moved on and willing to find someone new instead of getting dragged back with your ex you should be fine! Good luck

• Absolutely! Of course only if he is a responsible father though.

• I would for sure. I love children and so that would never be a problem for me

• I might when I get older. But at this point in my life, that's absolutely a deal breaker

• Depends on the situation. If he takes care of his child properly, and isn't a dead beat it's fine.
    When you get those guys who have their kids name tattood on them, yet haven't seen their kid in a year, it's frustrating.
    Also, not if there was baby mama drama.

• good point... baby mama drama is enough for me to run for the hills, no matter how much I liked the guy.

• I'm sure it's different in your age group, but in my age group it'd be a massive turn off.

Also, it would probably depend, if I were in your age group) as to why you have a kid and no mother for said child.

• I don't think I can have kids of my own, so I almost would prefer to.

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest man, your kid can be like an asset. Your kid chases away shallow chicks, so use this to your advantage, you want someone in your life who is nurturing right?

So whenever you're out with your kid and you're doing activities like say karate class or dancing or exercise, you have a wonderful way to have a conversation opener and you can tell if it's a nice lady that's smiling at your kid or a shallow one. Just be pleasant, let the conversation flow, before you know it, you'll have a lot of nice lady friends.